Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Twelve

Daryl turned to me, "Home sweet home."

I walked into the treehouse; it really was just a gigantic room with a bed and a desk on either side. I sat in the bed and was relieved at the comfort of it.

"This is really nice." I commented as I laid back and really enjoyed something for the first time since the start of the outbreak. I could feel Daryl watch me from the door.

"Yeah, it's something."

I threw my hand up and motioned for him to come towards me and he walked to the edge of the bed. I took his hand and he fell down on top of me easily. His hands were rough and hard but he touched body softly and slowly as he brushed my hair out of my face, "I can't hurt you."

"You won't."

Daryl went to kiss my jaw when there was screaming coming from below our tree. Daryl hopped up and threw his crossbow on his back to climb down the ladder and I went to follow.

"No, Lexi- you're staying up here, I can't protect you down there." I gave Daryl a 'what the fuck' look.

"I can protect myself."

Daryl pushed me in to the chair at the desk and sat me there, "Fucking stay there or I'll tie you up."

"Oh you wouldn't dare," I argued and stood up.

Daryl went to one of his saddlebags on the floor and got out a zip tie, "Wanna bet? I ain't got time for your shit right now, Lex."

He sat me back down and put my arms through the back of the chair and tied my hands together, "Now sit tight."

And he was gone. I didn't quite listen. I scooted the chair out of the door and onto the landing where I could see what was happening and what I saw made me sick.