Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Fourteen

The gun fired and I could see the bright red spark flash across my eyes but no pain came to my body. Then suddenly my hands were loose and I was being engulfed in a pair if strong arms that smelled like sweat and cigarettes. Daryl. I still hadn't opened my eyes because it was all too surreal, too unbelievable that he had rescued me. I was surely dead and dreaming this.

"Lexi, you're alright. Open your eyes," Daryl brushed my hair out of my face and pushed my chin up to look at him. I could feel his eyes all over my face.

I blinked probably ten or twelve times adjusting to the light streaming through the open door behind Daryl. I looked down to where I had been sitting and saw the guy that had had his gun to my head now had a arrow through his.

I just laid my head straight on his chest and began to sob.

"I really thought I was going to die. And it was all my fault! I argued with you before you left and then he came up here and, and..."

Daryl didn't say anything while I sputtered on he just gripped on to my body harder, "It's probably really stupid but I don't want to die."

"Ain't stupid if you got something to live for."

I looked up and our eyes met. I think we both agreed in that moment that we do have something to live and fight for.