Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Sixteen

I didn't even know who yelled it but I grabbed the knife from my side and started glancing around it looked like a small herd - maybe ten or twelve? Nothing we couldn't handle easily but I was still reeling from previously injuries and just twisting my head around was causing me to swim. I grabbed Daryl's arm to steady myself.

"You all right?" I shook my head.

"Just stand behind me and try to keep your head up." I nodded and kept my back to Daryl's and then slowly began to lose my footing and fell to knees and and slumped down to lie flat on the ground.

"Lexi? Lexi, you still with me this time?" Daryl's voice came from above me.

"Yeah, yeah I'm here. Just… I can't stand up." I grabbed on to his legged and pulled myself upright and watched him shoot three walkers that were closing in on us in the head.

Blam! Blam! Blam!

When the immediate danger was over, Daryl crouched down next to me, "What's wrong with ya? You were fine this mornin'."

"I don't know."

"She's done too much, too fast today," I could hear Herschel voice very close to my head. "When I said she needed rest, I didn't mean it as a suggestion."

The men began talking amongst themselves wondering if it was safe yet to go back to camp. I rolled my eyes and instantly got a headache.

"Oh…" I grabbed my head and fisted the dirt at my side.

Instantly everyone was at my side and Daryl had my face in his hand. "What's wrong?"

"My head - it's, it's killing me," I saw Daryl look up at Herschel and he made a motion for Daryl to step back and reluctantly he did.

Herschel began to take my pulse and felt around my head, "There's a bump on her head that wasn't there the last time I checked her. It could be something as simple as a just a bump or much more severe as internal bleeding."

"Damn Doc isn't there anything you can do for her?" Daryl squeezed my hand. I stayed quite. The sound of my heart beating in my ears was enough to make head hurt. I didn't want to add my voice into the mix.

I saw from the corner of my eye Glenn and Maggie walk forward, "Pharmacy run?"