Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Seventeen

I watched as they packed up one of the cars to head out and I could see Daryl eyeing his motorcycle.

"It's your decision," I broke his concentration on the bike. "If you want to go, go."

"Can't. Gotta stay with you" He looked down into my eyes. And despite the pain from my head that was taking over body, I could feel my heart stop and stutter when he looked at me when those baby blue eyes.

"Daryl… I…" I wanted to say something to him. Tell him how I really felt because there seemed to only be so much time left for me.

"Don't say something stupid that you're gonna regret later," he grinned referencing the event that happened at the tree house, but what was on the tip of my tongue was anything but stupid.

"I love you."

His face went slack and then hard.

"Now that's a stupid thing to say, Lexi. That's something you say when you think you're gonna die. What the hell!" Daryl stood up from my side and began to pace.

I caught his leg as he moved past my head for the tenth time, "So you have two choices, Dixon."

I made him pause with this and he looked down at me, "Yeah what're they?"

"Either stay and say you love me too or go on the run."

Daryl instantly looked towards the bike and that crushed my heart. I ripped my hand from his leg and brought both to my face as I started to sniffle, not caring if he was still there or not.

"So there's no third option to choose?" I jumped in surprise from his lips being so close to my ear. I sniffed and painfully rolled my eyes around to get rid of any excess tears that may have formed, "Damn, Lexi, don't cry."

Daryl rubbed his thumb under my eyes and I watched him carefully, still not knowing his decision.

"So what?" I prodded him.

"I'm going on the run. Maggie's staying here with you and Herschel she's better at the medical stuff," I just stayed quite. Why did he even ask if there was a third option if he wasn't going to take it? That inconsiderate asshole.

Daryl lifted my chin up with his thumb and forefinger and kissed me, "And yeah I love ya too."