Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Eighteen

They had been gone for maybe an hour and I was completely freaking out. My body was sweating and shaking and the pain was wrecking through my body. I was just hoping they got back soon and safely and my conscience kicked in and thought hopefully they'll bring back some really great drugs too.

"Hey Lexi."

My eyes blinked downwards from the blazing blue sky that I had been staring straight at for ten minutes to see Carl sitting cross-legged in front of me.

"Hi, Carl."

He didn't say anything to me for a long while. Which actually was nice; just knowing someone was there and not having to try to make up a conversation that hurt my head even worse. But then he spoke up.

"Why do you like Daryl?"

This question completely through me for a loop. I barely understood the parameters of this relationship I had fallen into even though I told Daryl that I loved him before he left, that doesn't mean I can explain it to someone else,"It's… it's not something I can jus-just explain, Carl."

"Well, can't you try?" He pushed me again.

I sighed and laid my head squarely on the saddlebag Daryl placed under my head and it made me smile and ache for him.

"Because beneath all his rough edges which I know I haven't completely seen and probably won't g-get the chance to… there is a man who is gentle and, and caring and just wants the same things out of life everyone else here does."

Carl just stared at me. He was beginning to really creep me out like he was in some kind of catatonic state. Then suddenly out of nowhere - he kissed me.

I shoved him away, "Two things, kid! Two! You are like fourteen and I am with Daryl."

Carl pushed himself up from the ground and walked away without a word. I didn't have a clue who just witnessed that and I didn't care if they thought I was mean to him or anything. He shouldn't have kissed me.

I lifted my head when I heard commotion coming from the road, "Glenn?" Where's Daryl?