Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Twenty

"GRRRAGGHH!" A walker hit the window and almost as soon dropped to the ground. I watched the arrow pass through its skull and come out through its left eye socket before it fell. My heart thudded faster in my chest.

"Daryl, "I spoke slowly before I lapsed into darkness.

"Daddy! She's seizing again! Lexi, can you hear me? Lexi wake up!" Maggie cried out to me to no anvil. I was lost to this world once more.

Daryl's Point of View

I took down that last walker as it hit the side of the car when it pulled up. I could see that something was happening in the backseat and they were all yelling by the time I got around to the truck and it popped open.

"Lexi," She was so still in Maggie's lap it was scary. "What happened to her?"

I reached down and brushed my hand across her cheek. I wasn't used to this. This feeling inside of me; wanting to want her and feeling like complete shit because I can't help her at all.

"She's in a self-induced a coma caused from her body not being able to stand the pain any longer," Herschel was saying this.

"Well damn come on let's get her inside," I picked her up and started into the office building. When Glenn and me went in on this run we saw this office building made up of three doctors offices and I went in and cleared it out and sent Glenn back - no questions asked. I knew this was the safest bet for saving Lexi and I had to safe her because I meant what I said, I love her.

"Daryl, lay her down here. Yes that's right," Hershel pointed out one of the examining tables that was still upright and I laid her down softly.

"What are you going to do, Hershel?" I stepped back as he got to work; picking through the abandoned equipment and looking through some of the cabinets.

"Alexandrea slipping into a coma isn't entirely a bad thing. She's still a live and it gives us a bit more time to find a solution to her problem." I nodded which was all I could do. "Maggie, Glenn - search the rest of this rooms for and medicine you can find. Preferably any strong pain pills you can find. I have the rest of the things I need right here."

He pointed towards the things in had laid out in the crooked table in the corner.

"A bunch of cloths, a couple of syringes, and a pack of bandages? What good is all that going to do?" I asked completely lacking faith in Hershel.

Hershel had settled down on one of those small round doctor's stools, "I'm going to lance open the bump on her head and relieve the pressure on her brain."