Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Twenty-One

I looked at Hershel like he was fucking stupid.

"Are you fucking crazy?" I couldn't believe he would just cut her head open without a second thought about it.

"Daryl, calm down and listen to me. We all understand how you two feel about each other but if the worse happens-"

I couldn't hide the look on my face. "In this dirty as hell place you're just gonna slice her head open. No questions asked?"

"There's no one to ask."

"Damn right there isn't! There's me!" Hershel reached out and put his hand on my shoulder; I shrugged it off.

"This is the only way, Daryl." I just walked away from him and stood against the wall facing where Lexi laid dead to the world. Maggie and Glenn came back holding only a couple pill bottles each.

"We couldn't find as much as we had hoped but there is plenty of towels and syringes and even cabinets full of granola bars and water - untouched," Glenn spoke up. Maggie just looked down at Lexi, then at me.

"What?" I snapped at her. I was still pissed at Hershel telling me how it was going to go down.

Maggie got a hard look in her eyes, "Do you know what she said to me before she slipped out?"

Glenn took her arm, "Maggie, maybe it's not-"

"No. Have any guess?" My eyebrows went together and I shook my head. I had no idea what she was trying to get at. "Lexi said she didn't which way this went because she already told you how she felt. So stop acting like a prick and let my Dad do what he has to to save her."

I glanced around and stared hard down at Lexi's body and did the only thing I thought I could do right at that moment. I walked out.