Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Twenty-Three

I thought maybe after saying all that she would open her eyes and call me a dumbass idiot or something but she didn't.

"Come on, Lexi, pleaseā€¦" I didn't know what else to say to her. She just wasn't listening to me this time around.

"Daryl!" Maggie came in the door, yelling.

"Yeah, what?"

"Come on, quick there's walkers outsides," I grabbed my crossbow and slung it across my shoulder. Damn people can't see that I'm busy with my own shit. We walked towards the entrance where Glenn and Hershel were crouch down. I could see maybe ten or more walkers hanging around where the car and my bike was parked.

"Damn," I checked my arrows and then looked at Glenn and Maggie, "You got anything?"

"Knives." They said together. I could've puked but something made me want Lexi finishing my sentences since I didn't like talking to begin with. I nodded and headed for the door.

Pulling it back I steadied my bow and shot down the first walker in my range and reset and took down the next and kept going. Maggie and Glenn came up behind and started stabbing walkers. The whole thing took maybe twenty minutes. There was a lot less of them then there look.

"Let's start a fire over there and burn them," Glenn suggested and Maggie walked over to the car and got the matches. It seemed way to quite for me and that's when there was a loud scream from inside the office building.

"AAHHHHHHHH!!!" I didn't even stop to think. I knew it was Lexi.