Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Twenty-Four

I tore through the narrow hallways and into the room where she was laying and say her laying still, awake. I dropped to my knees next to her head. "W-where are we?"

-Back to Lexi's Point of View-

I had woken up with this terrible pain in the back of my head and when I had opened my eyes I was all alone. The thought that everyone had abandoned me was scary enough but then I instantly thought of Daryl and I didn't know what had happened to him except for the arrow that had killed the walker right before I had passed out again.

I shifted my head to look around the room I was lying in and the pain in my head increased tremendously, "AHHH!"

Suddenly I could hear running and things being thrown around and then the door burst open and there he was. Daryl. He dropped to his knees in front of me and held his hand to my heart, I guess checking to see if I was really alive.

"W-where are we?" He jumped a little.

"Abandoned medical offices," Daryl never took his eyes off of me as he stood up and kissed me softly, minding my head. There was a knock on the door.

Daryl pulled away and stood protectively next to me. I could only guess that it was Glenn, Maggie and Hershel, "Since she woke up, does that mean everything's all right now, Doc?"

I could hear Hershel moving towards me and then feel hands on the back of my head and shoulders.

"This may hurt a bit, Lexi." And then there was a white light of pain as Hershel pushed on the back of my head and I screamed.

Daryl put his hand over my mouth, I would have bit him if I had the strength to, "He warned ya."

I glared up at him.

"I would say that all the original swelling and mucus that was in the bump has gone its just manageable pain now."

If I could turn my head and glare at Hershel I would have done that too but it was starting to dawn on me that he had in fact saved my life, "Thank you, Hershel, for saving my life."

"You're very much welcomed young lady… but I highly doubt Daryl wouldn't have given me any other choice." I looked up at Daryl who just stares over my heard presumably where Hershel was.

"That's right," was all he said.

After a minute of Maggie and Glenn saying how happy that they were that I decided to stick around, and Hershel giving me a pill for my pain; Hershel cleared his throat and they all three left leaving me and Daryl alone once again.

"Something on your mind?" I asked him this after two whole minutes of being alone together.

"Yeah, actually there is…"

Quite.

"Well spit it out Dixon," I wasn't completely in the mood for him being an ass. I had sat in the dark once again for hours and this time he didn't rescue me. I was completely alone.

"I... I know we ain't know each that long but fuck… I love you Lexi and ya love me and I want this to be like how it's supposed to really be, you know?" Daryl stood up and began pacing around the room.

I had no idea where he was going with this, "I guess, I know what you mean…"

Then he crashed back down on his knees in front of me and put his hand on my cheek. "Marry me."
♠ ♠ ♠
dun.
dun...
dun.