Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Four

We had been driving for nearly an hour and it had be been dead silent between Daryl and me. I was watching the world pass by outside - which was just trees and concrete and death. The dead was everywhere. All I did was blink at it in the every present silence.
Until Daryl broke it.

"So who are ya?"

I tore my stare on the scenery and turned my head to look at him. One hand on the stirring wheel, one propping his head up. Laid back, and easy going. The vibe I was feeling from him was completely different - it radiated 'I'm bad - stay away from me.'

I shrugged, "Well last time I checked I was a girl."

"I can see that."

"Oh good, I thought the blind learnt how to drive," I laughed.

"Haha, keep talking - looks like we ain't stopping for awhile."

Alright, if he wants talk I can talk.

"Okay - my name is Alexandrea Audrey McDonald. I'm seventeen. I'm an orphan as of an hour ago. I love cats - I know how to shoot a gun and fish. And I have no idea where we are."

Now this really made Daryl laugh out loud, "You don't know Georgia?"

I shook my head excessively, "I'm not from the South. My mom and me were on vacation when all of this started. I lived in Baltimore."

"It's way different down here. You think you can handle it, being a city slicker?"

It was my turn to laugh at him. "Just because I lived in the city doesn't mean I don't know how to hunt and fish and survive out in the woods like someone from the Sticks." Daryl nodded at this as he watched the road just in time to slam on his brakes as the two cars in front of us had car to a dead stop.