Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Seven

My eyes flew open to see a horror movie playing out in front of me. I could now hear the screaming coming from behind me - it sounded like Beth. I was almost too scared to move but Daryl was handing me a knife from his hip, "Be safe."

We hopped out of the truck and I stayed close to his side, staying clear of his trigger arm and the release of the crossbow at the same time. As we came upon the campsite, tears came to my eyes,
"Beth..."

Two walkers were ripping her to pieces. I went to run to her when Daryl put his arm up to hold me back and shot his bow and easily killed both of the walkers all but too late. I went to push his arm out of the way but he wouldn't budge.

"They ain't the only ones, dumbass."

I looked up from Beth's corpse to where the others were - still fighting; it was a herd that had descended upon us in my slumber. I went to move in the direction of where Glenn and Maggie were fending off against a group off walkers and again Daryl blocked me, "What the fuck? Either let me fight or take me back to the truck and lock me in! You're being stupid Daryl!"

I shoved his arm out of the way and ran up behind a walker slamming the hunting knife square into the back of his skull.

After an hour, probably more we had killed all of the walkers and burned their bodies. But our group had lost a bit too. Rick had been bitten on his hand and Daryl chopped it off immediately to save his life and no one could find Carl - alive or dead.

Daryl mumbled to me, under his breath that - "The kid probably ran away, been having problems for months with him."

I really hope that was it and he was just scared of the herd. Not that he was dead or anything. Rick needed something to hold on to right now to heal. We all do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting guys!
uploading a few more tonight =]