Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Eight

We kept camp despite the attack from the walkers because Rick wanted to search for Carl. I could seeing from looking at Daryl that he was more than against it but agreed anyways on the condition that Rick stayed behind with Herschel and healed up. "Glenn and Maggie you go that way up the road and check cars and along the tree line. Michonne and Carol you go that way in the woods and then circle around; me and Lexi will go the other way and circle back."

Everyone nodded and went and gathered their weapons of choice then went their separate ways looking for Carl. As Daryl and me went into the woods I was cautiously away of how quite it was.

"Daryl?"

"Yeah?" He never looked away from the ground he was studying. Trying to track Carl in the dirt.

"Why wouldn't you let me help earlier?" I stepped up to him and touched his shoulder to try and make him look at me; he flinched away and pushed me into the dirt.

"The fuck are you doing?"

"Why are so... So nice one minute and a complete asshole the next?" I shove myself up and wipe the dirt off my ass.

"Maybe because you're a bitch," Daryl stated and started to walk off.

I started to run to catch up with him when I tripped over an uprooted tree branch, "OW!"

"Lexi?!" Daryl ran back and easily pulled me up and into his arms. He started checking my face and when he pulled his hand back I saw his hand covered in my own blood. I instantly felt woozy.

"Ugh."

"Hey, hey. You're okay. Just a head wound," he laughed.

I focused back to why I was running and why I tripped for a minute, "Tell me the truth."

I watched through a tint as my eyes glazed over as he gazed down and thought for a moment and then looked up as he realized I was loosing conscientiousness "Because I care about ya. Okay? Lexi? Lexi, wake up!"
♠ ♠ ♠
;D