Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Nine

Everything was so... Perfect.

I was sitting in the kitchen talking on the phone with my mom telling her all about my day. Daryl was in the garage getting out the fishing poles for us to go out to the pond later. I stood up and walked to the sink to wash out my cup but the tap wasn't working, "Daryl? Can you come here, please?"

No response.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" My mom asked on the line. She sounded so strange. Her voice became static and I threw the phone down.

I ran to the garage down and tore it up. Completely empty, "Daryl, where are you?!"

I went back to the kitchen thinking he might have gone around the house to the backyard to wash off the wading boots. I couldn't see him from the kitchen windows and when I looked down in the sink it was filled with blood. I started screaming.

"Lexi, please wake up." I could hear Daryl now. He was somewhere close to me but everything had gone black.

"Damn it Herschel ain't there something you can do?"

I couldn't hear Herschel respond but I kept moving trying to find Daryl and hoping that he would keep talking.

"I know what he said, Rick... Just leave us alone, alright? Damn."

Maybe, maybe the only voice I can hear is Daryl's. Because he was the last person with me? Because he said he cared about me? What does that me to him? I think I know what it means to me. Ugh there's so many questions in my head and I'm just literally here in the dark.

"Sorry I didn't tell ya sooner. I shouldn't of said it at all but ya might not come back now and Herschel says I should just keep talking to ya so that's what I'm doing in case you're there and thinking about things."

The whole time Daryl was talking I had been following his voice blindly and suddenly as if I had fallen off a cliff I had lost my breath and was choking to get it back somehow. If this was the way I was going to die it was fucked up. Seventeen, orphaned, and comatose right after a guy tells me he cares about me? Seriously messed up Universe!

Then I blinked, "Daryl."