Status: Quack!

Dear Diary, I Want to Set Yu on Fire

Ch3 - Week One, Day Four and Five

Chapter Three - Week One, Day Four and Five

Thursday
8.45am
I woke up early and I'm waiting for Kiro and Romeo in the library, as usual, however, they're late. They usually get here for 8.30 at the latest, like I do, yet they're not here. It's odd and a little worrying; why aren't they here?

I frowned; the twins had declined to meet in the library, apparently it's too 'nerdy' and they want to meet in class instead, but maybe they arrived earlier than they thought they would and they ran into Kiro and Romeo on the way? It was possible.

But, at the same time, I've started to notice how weirdly Kiro reacted, and Romeo's odd silence last night after I brought up the possibility of Kiro being abused at home, an odd twisting feeling in my stomach appeared. Something was wrong.

I left the library quickly to find my friends.

...

10.15am
I was in the nurse's office right now with Kiro and Romeo. Kiro's nose was bleeding and Romeo had a black eye, whilst I had a few bruises and scratches. The twins had managed not to get hurt at all, except for Bill's hair which got a little singed by one of my fire balls.

You see, I had found Kiro and Romeo a few minutes before the bell to class was due to start ringing, they were having a shouting match with this girl a year above us named Kerli and with Yu. Strify was off on the side and crying.

It wasn't hard to imagine what was going on; Yu broke up with Strify for Kerli and had started to taunt with friends about our little friends-with-benefits agreement. I had frowned and felt a little hurt by the way Yu was acting, but I had joined my friends and I stood up for myself and Strify.

Of course, it quickly became a fight.

Yu had started to specialize in a type of magic called Illusion Magic, so he could not only create illusions but mess with the five senses. He was hard to catch, Kerli however, specialized in Water Magic, and so me and her had ended up fighting whilst Kiro and Romeo had started to fight with Yu.

Then the twins joined, and soon Yu had plenty of bruises on his pretty face. Kerli had half her hair burned off, thanks to me. I was proud.

However, our Magical Defense teacher soon broke up the fight and we were quickly taken to the principle to make a report on what happened. Our parents would be notified and we would be getting a week's worth of detention, and we had to come in on Staurday for a 2 hour detention too.

It sucked.

Strify was no-where to be seen, but after what happened, I don't blame him.

"Ow!" Kiro yelped as the nurse used her Healing Magic to move Kiro's nose back into place and reheal the bone. Tears of pain streamed down his face as he held my and Romeo's hands.

"There, all done dear," the nurse informed him cheerily. Soon, Kiro was shooed to wait in the corridor with Bill and Tom. "Now, time for you Mr NightingGale, Miss Grey, you can wait in the corridor with the others, you don't have anything serious."

So I did.

Everything was tense and quiet as I opened the door, and once I closed the door and leaned against the wall, it was Tom who finally answered the question; "Did you really fuck him, Halo?"

There was no point in lying, so I told the truth. "Yes."

"Why the hell would you fuck someone so disgusting?!" Kiro screeched.

I winced and I quickly looked to my feet as I replied. "He wasn't always like this, I've known him since I was 10... anyway, it's in the past now."

"He hurt us and you're saying it's in the past?" Bill asked me with a sneer. "Obviously it isn't or he wouldn't have tried starting a fight."

"Yu is jealous and possessive of his friends, it wouldn't be the first time he's started a fight because he felt a friend was finding interests elsewhere," I responded quietly. "That's not what this is about, is it? You're disgusted with me because I had a friends-with-benefits arranged, it's not who, but what I've done that pisses you off isn't it?"

No-one said anything. "I appreciate your concern," although what I really wanted to say was 'narrow-mindedness'. "But who I decide to fuck, or who I fucked in the past, in this case, is none of your business. Just like how I don't argue with you, Tom, for trying to get into the pants of every girl you see."

All three looked visibly chagrined.

I turned and left, none of them stopped me.

...

5pm
By the time I got home, I was grounded and I was banned from any and all cola and sweets for the next week. That was fine with me. I made myself some pop tarts (sneakily) and I went upstairs to eat and do my homework.

I turned off my phone and ignored all the texts and calls I got from my so-called 'friends'.

Honestly, I'm too angry to deal with them right now.

...
...

Friday
8am
I dreaded going to school, and with all my homework done there is no need for me to go to school early, so for the first time in a long time, I made myself a packed lunch so I didn't have to eat in the cafeteria.

I wanted some space from my 'friends' and to be alone. I was probably more likely to set their hair on fire than I am to do anything else.

...

9am
I made it to my first class, maths, just before the bell rang. I also sat at the front, away from Kiro. I ignored everyone but the teacher as I got my things out, ready for work. Soon we were doing some exercises on equations and how to figure out what 'x' is. It was boring, but relatively easy.

I did more work than anyone else, simply with my desire to keep myself busy and ignore Kiro.

...

10am
I had a free period, so I went out into the school grounds and climbed one of the trees to get some privacy. If I wasn't already in so much trouble with my family, I would have just handed in my homework early and skipped for the rest of the day.

I still don't understand why the boys were so shocked and disgusted by what I did, at least in comparison to the things Yu has done. I just wanted some acceptance; I'm human, I still have my faults and desires just as much as they do. So why is what I've done such a terrible thing?

...

10.15am
It's because I'm a woman, women are still expected to be the 'purer' sex even in this day and age. Seriously? Good luck with that. I'm not pure, and I doubt there are very few women in my year who are sill 'pure'.

"May I join you?"

I looked down to see who asked, and I nearly fell out of the tree in shock. Beneath me was Luminor, and as always, he looked gorgeous. Although the green uniform didn't flatter him in the slightest.

"Sure, it's a free world," I replied with forced nonchalance. As Luminor climbed up, I could feel my heart racing and my cheeks quickly turning pink. As he got closer, I could smell whatever perfume or after shave he used, and it smelt amazing and airy. Not too powerful but enough to attract attention.

"Strify is too shy right now to tell you, but thank you for standing up for him," Luminor told me, straight to the point. "There aren't many people who would do that for him, especially another one of Yu's victims."

"I did it more for revenge than anything else," I replie with honesty.

"Did you and Yu actually have a fling?" Luminor asked, curious but not in the least judgemental. He is a lot older than me and my friends, so it makes sense that he's not as bad as them.

"We had a friends-with-benefits thing going on, but after what happened yesterday, I'm more likely to barbeque him if I see him than I am to fuck him." I said with a slight sneer. That man, no, boy, doesn't deserve anything other than my anger at the moment.

"Interesting," Luminor muttered.

"What's interesting?" I asked, now a little curious myself.

"I never would have thought that Yu would make such a big spectacle about this," Luminor explained with and odd smile on his face. "Normally he doesn't think much of those 'friends-with-benefits' he has had in the past. They're not worth the effort to him."

"What are you implying?" I demanded.

"Nothing, I'm merely making an observation," Luminor said before he started to climb down the tree.

I didn't stop him. From what the man seemed to be implying was that Yu had feelings for me. No, there was no way that would be possible. The day Yu had feelings for me, would be when pigs started to fly.

...

12.30pm
Lunch was quiet as I sat in my tree with a sandwich and an apple, along with a bottle of water. I had amanged to avoid the twins, Kiro and Romeo for the most part, but I know I can't avoid them tonight in detention.

I sighed and I leaned back against the tree to eat and watch my surroundings in silence.

...

2.40pm
In Offense Magic class, there was no way for me to avoid them. I was paired with Bill for practice duelling, we would be dummies for the other as they fired spells at us. We would have to dodge whilst the other fired spells, and after 10 minutes, we would swap to the other could try firing spells.

I was the first in my pairing to be allowed to use attack spells.

"Halo, listen I..." Bill had to dodge to avoid the Magic Bullet I fired at him. He was fast, but I kept firing, I wasn't in the mood to listen to him, or the others right now.

...

3.30pm
Right now, I was stuck in detention with the others for an hour. Straight away, I pulled out the homework that was assigned for the weekend and I worked in silence. We were being watched over by the Offense Magic teacher, so there was no way they could get away with talking to me without earning the wrath of the teacher.

I just did my homework to help pass the time.

With an hour of nothing else to do, I finished my Magical Theory essay, and I was half way through the Magic Speciality Theory essay when the teacher had to leave for a bathroom break. However, the doors and windows were spelled locked.

I tried to focus on my homework and my notes as the teacher left, but quickly after 10 seconds Kiro approached me. "Halo, look I'm really sorry for the way I acted yesterday, I was in shock... it doesn't seem like you to just... fuck someone with no strings attached."

"So that gave you the right to tell me how to live my life, does it?" I demanded angrily. "Contrary to popular belief, I know what I'm doing."

"It's not that!" Bill shrieked in Kiro's defence. "We were just worried that Yu might hurt you!"

My scowl (I didn't even realize I was scowling) disappeared, and I ignored Yu's mutterings of 'soft bitch' as I replied. "Ah, now I understand, you were trying to protect me." As I got 'duh's in response, I said. "I appreciate it but trust me, after yesterday I wouldn't touch him with a pole, let alone fuck him."

I ignored the hurt look Yu gave me, and I clasped a clingy Kiro's hand as the teacher came back and I returned to my work.

...

7pm
By the time I got home, I was exhausted, I went straight to bed. Although Mum and Hans said that if I'm good tonight and during my detention tomorrow, then they'll cut my grounding to after my detention.

...

9pm
Going to bed now, I'm happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, let me know if you think Halo's a mary-sue, or starting to act like one <3