Morning Breath, Bedroom Eyes on a Smiling Face

Three

ONE YEAR LATER

“Eberle,” Maggie whined from my side.

“What?” I groaned and wrapped my arm tighter around her, pulling her closer to my side.

“Your armpits smell,” she shoved me.

I laughed, “Why are you smelling my pits?”

“Because you shoved it in my face,” Maggie giggled.

I sniffed my armpit, “Smells like sexy beast to me.”

She laughed and tossed her long auburn hair over her shoulder. The matted curls, some standing up, others flat, were all the perfect sign of a job well done from the night before.

“Remember when you were asking me what love is?” she asked and I noticed for the first time in a year that I didn’t flinch when we talked to each other in the morning.

“Yeah.”

“It’s when you wake up to that sexy beast smell and don’t run away,” she pointed to my arm pit.

“Or when you breathe on someone," I huffed in her face, "in the morning with heinous morning breath and they don’t say a word,” I countered.

She covered her mouth, “Is it that bad?”

I tossed my head back into the pillow, laughing at something she hadn’t seemed to worry about over the past year.

“Shut up Jordan, is it bad?” her voice was muffled.

I pulled her hand from her mouth and leaned forward, giving her a sloppy good morning kiss,
“That’s love.”

She settled for that and lied her head against my chest as I ran my hands through her knotted hair.
It didn’t matter what love was to everyone else. For me and Maggie, love was getting in a brutal fight then breaking down and apologizing an hour later. Love was pressing each other’s buttons to the point of almost leaving, only to step one foot toward the door and turning around to find the other in tears, and then never leaving. Love was waking up and not flinching away from the gross pit smell or the nasty morning breath. It was about looking into those big brown eyes and realizing that there was no absolute truth to love, no stupid mathematics formula, it was just that feeling…all those feelings everyone talks about put together and then some. It was bullshit, it was hard, and annoying as fuck sometimes, but it was worth every second of those bad times.

Truth about love is…it’s perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end!

I know, chapter 3 is pretty short (especially for me!) but you can't just toss it into chapter 2...it stood on its own lol

Hope you guys liked it :)