Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Three

It is Thursday and Bambi hates Thursdays, despises their existence, for only one reason really, because on a Thursday she does not have English which means no secret smiles and secret touches and little kisses after class. Bambi wishes Thursdays would just disappear, they are like Cinderella’s ugly step sisters a hindrance to her and her princes happiness.

Bambi hangs back after lunch and makes her way to Ryan's class room, it is a short walk and she is bursting with nerves, Ryan is sitting behind his desk staring at his computer screen, everyone has left his classroom and he is desperately trying to stay in for lunch. Ryan usually eats lunch with the gym teacher but today Sheila had brought her friend and demanded they have lunch together, Ryan is uncomfortable and stares at the small clock on the right hand side of the computer, if only he could make time fly.

Bambi knocks lightly at the door and Ryan quickly looks to see if Sheila has found him, a small smile settles on his lips as Bambi stands there looking at him from behind her heavy curtain of hair, she is wearing a pale white dress and Ryan is unable to look away.

“Hey” He says quietly, Ryan is almost sure that looking at Bambi he has never been in love because he has never felt this much for a girl before, he cannot help but stand and envelope the small girl in a big hug, she giggles as she hugs him back.

“Hi” She says as he pulls back, he closes the class room door and leans in and presses a light kiss on the top of her nose, Bambi smiles and waits for Ryan to it down before she joins him. “What are you still doing here?”

“Waiting for you” Ryan lies, he does not want to upset Bambi so he lies, it is an innocent lie but Bambi hates lies, she hates them almost as much as she hates Thursdays.

“Here I am” She says pulling a chair to his desk, “I hate Thursdays” She admits,

“Whys that?”

“I don’t have English”

“Do you just love English?”

“No, but I think the teacher is really cool” Bambi wants to say more, wants to say he makes her heart beat faster, her palms sweaty and makes her tummy do flips but she doesn’t, she is nervous and awkward and feels stupid… Cool, she scolds herself mentally.

Ryan lets out a chuckle reaching over and clasping her hand in his, “I think this one student is really cool” Ryan doesn’t mean to mock Bambi but her choice of words is funny, she flushes and he runs a finger over her flushed cheeks. Ryan unable to control himself leans in and lightly presses a kiss against Bambi’s mouth; she places her hands on his shoulders as he lets the kiss last longer and longer. Bambi enjoys it but a knock at the door makes them pull apart, Bambi stands up knocking her chair back in the process, she picks it up as a tall brunette woman walks in holding two take away cups of coffee.

“Ryan?” She asks with a question on her pretty face, Bambi stares at her and wonders who this girl is and why she is smiling at Ryan like that, Ryan glances quickly at Bambi, “I’m Sheila’s friend, she said you might be here”

Ryan glances at Bambi as she puts the pieces together, Bambi almost chokes on her breath as she takes in this beautiful woman, Ryan looks back at Sheilas friend, “Hi” He says quietly,

“Surely your student can go” She says with a wink in Bambi’s direction, Bambi doesn’t remember how to smile so she just stares back at this strange woman.

Ryan pauses and Bambi speaks for him, “I’ll see you later Mr Carter” Bambi leaves the classroom quickly, she forgets her bag and it is not until she is half way across the school at her locker does she remember, begrudgingly Bambi makes her way back to Ryan's classroom. She pauses outside knocking on the door lightly, she freezes as she sees Ryan and this woman drinking coffee at his desk where Bambi was sitting a minute ago, where Ryan kissed her.

Anger is not a usual emotion for Bambi and neither is hate but she hates this woman, she nicknames her Maleficent and imagines her with big pointy spikes coming from her pretty hair. “Sorry to interrupt” Bambi says staring at Maleficent with what she hopes is a mean look, “I forgot my bag” Bambi picks up her bag as Maleficent talks to her,

“Oh that’s okay Sweetie, I’m just trying to get your teacher to ask me out” Ryan chokes on his coffee and for the first time makes eye contact with Bambi, her face is emotionless and he knows it is now a good thing and as much as he wants to reassure Bambi and make her feel better he cannot, he simply can’t risk it and he hopes Bambi realizes that.

“Oh” Bambi squeaks,

“I’m sorry Bambi this is widely inappropriate” Ryan mutters, and there is that childhood nickname, Bambi stands in front of the adults and feels younger than ever and suddenly it is not a good thing, she wishes she were older so she could kiss Ryan and claim him as her own.

“You’re right” Bambi mutters quickly exiting the room, Ryan stares after her with a sad look on his face, Bambi runs from Maleficent and wishes she could prick her finger and go to sleep forever. How she wishes she could sleep until this all goes away. Bambi runs to the nearest bathroom and sits down on the floor inside a stall and tries not to cry, she does not want to cry it is such a babyish thing to do and Bambi is not a baby dammit!

“Bambi?” A voice calls, it is Ryan and Bambi clamps her hand over mouth, Ryan peeks in the empty bathroom than down the empty hall and places a out of order sign on the door he had written after kicking Melanie out of his classroom and hopefully his life. He walks in and sees Bambi’s pretty knees on the tiles, he stands outside the stall door, “Bambi are you in there?”

“No” She replies, Ryan lets out a chuckle despite himself and Bambi is mad again, “Don’t laugh at me”

“I’m not… I’m not laughing at you Bambi” Ryan says a frown creasing his forehead in concern, he cannot lose Bambi, not yet.

“My name is Alice” She snaps at Ryan, he smiles at how silly she sounds,

“Can I come in?”

“No” Ryan purses his lips and sits down with his back against the stall door, “I didn’t ask her out”

“I don’t care” Bambi says, she sees the back of Ryan leaning against the door and sticks her tongue out at him,

“Then why are you in the bathroom?”

“I like it here”

“It smells” Ryan comments, Bambi tried to suppress a small giggle but it escapes and she cruses herself and her mouth. Bambi considers telling Ryan he smells but she does not want to act anymore childish than she already is. “I’m sorry about what happened”

“It’s not that, you… it’s always going to be like that isn’t it… I will never be yours” Bambi says, Ryan smiles at how ridiculous Bambi is whether she likes it or not she has taken up residence in his heart and he is not letting her go,

“Alice” Ryan says quietly, sweetly, Bambi closes her eyes and prepares for what she thinks is to come, “You are mine… I know we can’t tell everyone, but you are mine…” Bambi sighs and moves to open the bathroom door, Ryan falls back his head landing in Bambi’s lap, she smiles at him and stifles a laugh,

“What’s your favourite color?” She asks,

“Shhh” Ryan says moving so he is able to kiss Bambi, Bambi presses her lips firmly against Ryan’s and kisses him, Bambi is scared because she does not want this kiss to end and what comes after kissing is scary.

*
Three days until the devil returns.
♠ ♠ ♠
Careful now, the boogeyman is coming...
Image