Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

The Devil

Mark stands in the doorway his breath completely taken from his lungs, there she is standing his little girl, his little doll and she looks… old. He is angry and upset because she promised, she PROMISED to always stay young. She has breasts and probably hair where she never did before, he stares at was once his favorite child in the world with contempt and disgust, how dare she grow up and leave him.

It is not that bad though, he still has Karla, Karla came into his life in a whirlwind romance and he cannot keep his hands from her, he looks from his precious girl to her mother who he is forced to pretend to love so he can keep Karla. Karla does not shy away from his touch the little girl with the dead eyes stares at Bambi because she knows. Karla just knows, Bambi chokes on her own breath as she sees a little girl under her uncle’s arm.

This wasn’t supposed to happen.

*
Bambi tiptoes her way to her bedroom, past the room her uncle and his girlfriend are staying in, she does not want to disturb them. Bambi is shaky and disoriented because she is sad, she is absolutely heat broken, her uncle has a new little girl, a new girl to break and Bambi knows if she had just spoken up about what happened to her that little girl wouldn’t be so destroyed.

Bambi’s bedroom door is open and she walks in her eyes darting around the room until they land on her uncle, he is sitting on her bed. He looks exactly the same, with an easy smile and a twinkle in his eyes, he has the same long fingers and slithering tongue as years before and Bambi is frozen. He sits on her bed waiting for her and memories assault her brain and she cannot really think all that straight.

“Sit down Alice” He says patting a spot next to him, Bambi wants to refuse but she does not know how to disobey this man, he has taken every last drop of power she ever possessed and now she is like a slave to him and his commands, she sits next to her uncle. He still smells rotten, like he is rotting from the inside out and Bambi does not know where to look, she cannot look at her uncle, she just cannot. “You look so different” He mutters with sadness in his voice, Bambi sits ramrod straight on her bed as her uncle pushes her hair from her shoulders, she can feel him staring at her and she is terrified he will touch her again.

Mark leans in and smells Bambi she smells like honey and it makes him pull away in disgust, she used to smell like tears and his sweat, like a little girl. She smells old and it is repulsive. He pulls away from her his stomach churning with disgust, he face contorts into one of anger, Bambi does not move. It cannot be that easy, he cannot be done with her, after all those years, all those night spent together. Bambi does not believe she could ever be that lucky, but she is. Her uncle has moved on, he has a new pet and unlike Bambi she still smells like a sweet little girl.

Mark stands and Bambi looks at the doorway, Karla is standing there in a night gown with her dead eyes, Bambi cannot help but stare at this girl, she is so young… Bambi cannot ever imagine being that young, she does not want to. “It’s time for bed daddy” She says with a dead voice, Bambi stares at this girl tears filling her eyes, Karla looks at Bambi and feels sorry for the older girl, Karla knows what happened to Bambi, and Bambi knows what is happening to Karla, not that either of them will ever say anything.

“Coming sweet girl” Bambi freezes, he used to her call her sweet girl, Bambi hates her uncle, she hates him for coming back but mostly she hates herself for not speaking up when she had the chance.
♠ ♠ ♠
How could you not have know? Stupid, stupid girl.
Stupid...
Image