Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Rainbows

Bambi is sitting in her normal seat during lunch, Ryan is running behind in his last class and Bambi is left with her thoughts, she tries to see the pretty butterflies landing on the autumn leaves but the leaves are drying out and dying. There aren't any pretty things outside today it is all bleak and she blames her uncle for taking away the rainbow.

“Alice?” Ryan asks, Bambi turns and Ryan is kneeling in front of her, “I’ve been talking to you” Bambi frowns, she had not meant to ignore Ryan but her head is to full. “Whats wrong?”

“I don’t want to talk about it”

“Did something happen” Bambi is so scared, but her head is so full if she does not speak the truth soon it will spill from her ears and nose and eventually her mouth and she needs to be in control of when her secret comes out, she needs to have some sort of control. Ryan is worried, Bambi is staring at Ryan with such a pained expression, it is truly heartbreaking and he both wants to know and not know what is wrong with Bambi, Ryan is scared Bambi is broken and he wont be able to fix her. “Did you want to tell me?”

“How do you feel about me?” Bambi asks because if she is going to spill this secret she wants it to be to someone who loves her and will keep it secret,

“I like you Alice, you know that”

“Yes, but how… How much?”

Ryan coughs awkwardly, he is not very good at expressing his emotions and Bambi is expecting him to say something amazing and he does not want to disappoint her so he speaks the truth, “I think I’m falling in love with you”

Bambi’s chin quivers and she swallows all her fear because truthfully she is in love with Ryan and she needs to be honest with him, it is not fair for her to keep such a big secret from him. “The reason I don’t like my uncle…” Bambi pauses and a million ideas run through Ryan’s head but none are as horrific as her next sentence, “Is because when I was little he would … he would crawl into bed with me and play mommy and daddy”

Ryan feels like the wind has been completely knocked from his body, he is angry and sad and numb… How could that have happened to Alice, a lot of things make sense now and Ryan is so sad for this beautiful girl but mostly he is pissed off. Alice is his to touch and no one else's, Alice is innocent and needs protecting, Alice is his and he will protect her no matter what.

Ryans silence is unnerving Bambi, she is not sure he understands what she means so she explains a little more, “I wore a nightgown to bed because it made me feel like a princess…” Ryan wants to stop Bambi from talking but he is not quite sure he can, a sick part of him wants to know what happened, he wants his anger to be fueled. “He would take my nightgown off so it never got dirty and he would lay next to me and talk about stars in the sky while…”Bambi cannot finish because she is not ready to think about what really happened on those cold nights.

Ryan’s blood is boiling, he has never experienced a rage this intense, anger is flowing through his veins freely and he wants to kill Bambi’s uncle, in fact he might just do that. Ryan's next words are not what Bambi expects and they shock her to her very core, “I’m going to kill him”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh but you'll never understand.
Image