Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Tears

Bambi and Ryan sit on Ryan’s bed talking about everything and nothing, every word said is one spoken in hushed tones because they are revealing themselves completely, both for the first time. It is nerve wrecking but both didn't have to think twice to spill all their secrets, Ryan is surprised at how strong Bambi really is, he thought she would collapse under the weight of her secret but she has carried it silently for years and somehow whenever she has fallen she has stood back up and kept going, Ryan admires her for that.

“Parent teacher interviews are coming up in a few weeks” Ryan says with a smile, “I’ll get to meet your parents”

“Do you have to?” Bambi asks hiding her head because her dad has a bad habit of mentioning every embarrassing stage Bambi ever went through, like when she was three and would take off her dresses and run around the house making her parents try to catch her.

“I want to meet your parents” Ryan says grinning,

“Yes but they will embarrass me”

“You’ll be there” Ryan reminds her,

“Yes and I won’t be able to tell my parents that I am dating my English teacher” Ryan laughs and pulls Bambi closer, she snuggles into his armpit and savors the sweet scent on his t-shirt. Bambi wants to thank Ryan for being so amazing today but she does not want to spoil his happy mood, she knows Ryan is not okay with keeping her secret but he will not betray her.

Ryan presses a small kiss on her forehead, “Are you going to be okay going home tonight?” Bambi swallows, she was not expecting Ryan to bring up her uncle and it has left her with a bitter taste in her mouth.

“He is not interested in me… But Karla” Bambi whispers the last part, she does not Ryan to think she is a terrible person for not being able to speak up, Bambi already knows she is despicable.

“Alice” Ryan whispers, he had not even thought of that, “Is that his daughter?”

“His girlfriends from a previous relationship… But she calls him daddy” Ryan feels sick in the pit of his stomach, Bambi thinks of Karla all scared and alone stuck under her uncle, Bambi feels sick and tears fall from her eyes. Bambi is torn she wants so badly to keep her secret but she wants just as badly to save Karla.

Bambi’s body starts shaking with the tidal of waves of tears that encompass her, she is not able to keep in her bubbling emotions, she needs to let it out and Ryan holds her close prepared to hold her until her tears stop even if they never do. Ryan hates seeing how sad and broken Bambi is knowing there is nothing he can do, he hates that he has to sit here silently and let her break further, it is not fair. Ryan holds her in silence for a long time, after a while he mutters a few words, “It’s going to be okay, I promise… I will make sure it gets better” Bambi is not crying so heavily anymore she snuggles into Ryan's chest and closes her tired eyes, Bambi is not thinking of her curfew and completely forgets about reality as she lets herself drift off in Ryan's safe embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty flowers grow even in your darkest parts, always remember that.
Image