Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Trouble

Bambi has a 10.30 curfew for school nights, never before has she been out later than 9 pm but tonight it is 11.15 when she gets home and her parents are waiting and they are mad. “Where the hell have you been?” He mother says with worry in her voice, she rushes over and hugs Bambi but as soon as she lets go she is mad again, Bambi wants to tell the truth but she can’t.

Bambi bites her lip as her father walks over with a disappointed look on his face, Bambi has never before hurt her parents, never even spoken back to them so to have to look at her like that truly hurts, she didn’t mean to stay out late, she really didn’t, time and reality just slipped away for a little bit. She is sorry, she really is, unfortunately Bambi is not able to say anything because her uncle is watching her confrontation with her parents with a look that mirrors her father and she is not able to form words or push them from her dry mouth.

“We were worried sick, could you not have called?” Bambi wants to speak up and defend herself but her uncle I shaking his head with disgrace at Bambi, “You had your uncle worried sick” Bambi is unable to even think properly, her uncle was worried sick, but Bambi has thought she’d moved on… Bambi is confused and she feels sick in the pit of her stomach as the little girl with the dead eyes watches her with surprise.

“You are grounded Alice” Her father says speaking for the first time, Bambi wants to argue but her uncle is nodding in agreement and it is enough to make her sick, she rushes from the room her parents yelling after her. Bambi locks her door and frantically calls Ryan, Ryan who has just gotten home answers the call from Bambi with a warm greeting

“I’m grounded”

“What?” Ryan asks, Bambi is scared and cannot really say anymore because she knows what this could mean and it is terrifying. Bambi does not want to have to stop seeing Ryan after school but she knows her parents will never let her out again. Bambi shakes with tear-less sobs and wishes Ryan was there to hold her, but he is across town and he feels as useless as ever as Bambi whimpers on the other end.

Bambi and Ryan are worried, this is not good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Everything has to end sometime right?
Image