Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Insecurities

For the past week Bambi has been on a strict supervised schedule, it has been school and home nothing in between and she and Ryan are finding it hard to spend any time together, Ryan is always marking tests or helping tutor kids and Bambi is left in the back of classroom watching him from afar again.

Bambi and Ryan are getting frustrated, Bambi mostly because her phone has been taken away and she has no way to talking to Ryan, Ryan is getting worried that Bambi will move on due to their difficulties, both Ryan and Bambi are silly but insecurities have ways of breaking apart things, insecurities pull at Bambi’s heart and Ryan's usually logical mind is turned topsy turvy with insecure thoughts, that is how they got here, in the middle of an argument at lunch.

“Do not speak to me like I am a child” Bambi says, she is not used to feeling mad but Ryan is making her mad, she does not really know why, he is condescending and hurtful and the past week has built up inside her and she has just burst,

“Well Alice you are a child” Ryan is not sure how this argument started something about Ryan spending his lunches with other students but doesn’t Bambi realize? He thinks to himself, he is a teacher, he may love Bambi but he has obligations.

Does he really love Bambi, staring at the blonde girl with her huge eyes he realizes he is in fact in love with her but he is too damn stubborn to admit it, he does not want to concede this fight. To ask if Bambi loves Ryan is such a silly question, she has loved him for weeks now, she has loves every centimeter of him and every inch of his soul but Bambi is so frightened he does not love her, she is just a child after all.

Bambi does not reply to Ryan, she turns and walks to grab her things, she had not had time to unpack before Ryan and her started bickering, Bambi is not sure why they are fighting, Bambi does not care if she loses this fight but losing Ryan would be far too much, with her heart heavy with hurt from Ryan’s harsh words she leaves the room. Ryan does not follow because he is not sure what he can say at this point, he is not sure if he can make it better.

Ryan is slowly realizing Bambi is broken and he cannot help her, he is frustrated at her for being so stubborn, he is frustrated at himself for letting her talk him into stupid things like keeping her secret, he is frustrated that he is no longer able to hold her close and kiss her, he is frustrated because Bambi and Ryan are no longer simple.
♠ ♠ ♠
You will drown in your insecurities my dear.
Image