Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Meet the Parents

Bambi is not good at lying which is why her parents see straight through her ‘sick’ routine and which is why she is anxiously bouncing her leg as she waits outside he English classroom with her parents. Bambi and Ryan have not really talked since their fight and Bambi is dreading having to face her teacher with her parents. Ryan hates parent teacher interviews mainly because he can never remember which student he is talking about and often gets them confused. Ryan however is dreading this particular interview because his heart is beating so fast in his heart it is really quite ridiculous, he realized late last night over a pitiful sleep that he was the one being childish, he had let his insecurities warp his brain into anger at Bambi rather than their situation, he feels stupid and is nervous because he has to face Bambi and her parents.

With a shaking hand Ryan opens the classroom door and faces Bambi and her parents, apart from her mother white blond locks Bambi does not really resemble either of her parents, she is almost completely different, her mother and father smile politely and Bambi stares at her knees sure she will throw up if she looks in Ryan's eyes.

“Come on in” Ryan says sweeping his hand like an idiot, he is acutely aware of his every action and he cannot help but scrutinize them, he hopes Bambi's parents do not think he is a bumbling idiot, because he really isn’t… At least not normally.

“Mr Carter is it?” Bambi’s father asks, he has a warm smile and a strong handshake, Ryan is a little intimidated and cannot imagine this man accepting Ryan's romance with his daughter.

“Ryan please” He says sitting down, Bambi’s parents sit down on either side of Bambi who has still yet to look at Ryan, she is pretending to be absolutely fascinated with her knees and although she knows Ryan is not believing her act she is not able to give it up.

“I’m Marriene, and this is my husband, Alice’s father Andrew” Ryan smiles politely and glances at Bambi, she is still looking at her knees so Ryan starts talking hoping he can coax her out of hiding.

“Alice is one of my best students, she is so passionate about this subject which is entirely refreshing,” Bambi is hearing the words but really they mean nothing to her, her other five teachers also said she was a good student that does not make her a good girlfriend, “She shows a real maturity in the subject matter which I admire for a 16 year old”

“We've always said she acts thirty rather than sixteen” Her mother says with a laugh and a booming smile, Alice is not really listening because Ryan has just called her mature, she swallows the lump in her throat and glances at her teacher, he is staring at her with a sad smile and she feels her heart flop because she has missed seeing him, she has missed it so much.

“She is my favorite student I think,” This coaxes a small smile from Bambi, “Is there anything you wanted to talk about Alice?” Ryan asks, he desperately wants to reach out and touch her, feel her smooth skin against his rough skin, he wants to feels her sweet lips against his hungry ones.

“I am a little anxious about the exam” Bambi admits truthfully, Ryan and Bambi never discuss school because it seems odd, they do not find their relationship strange but to discuss their classwork outside of the class seems very strange to the strange couple.

“I could help tutor you a few days after school?” Ryan suggests, Bambi’s mouth spreads into large smile, one on one tutoring means alone time with Ryan and it is something they both desperately need,

“That’s a good idea” Her father murmurs, he is not agreeing he is too distracted with the large smile on his daughters face, he glances at Ryan and thinks maybe Alice has a silly crush, if only he knew the real truth. He would kill Ryan… And his brother in law.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't you forgetting something?
The doom that is hiding around the corner,
Oh prepare yourself sweet girl the end is near.
Image