Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Karla

Bambi does not know the proper protocol for when someone dies in your house, she does not know what to say so she stands awkwardly to the side watching Karla's mother weep, Bambi isn’t entirely sure what happened to Karla but she can’t help but hold the devil responsible, the devil stands next to Karla's weeping mother and Bambi realizes she does not know the sad woman's name. It seems like something she should know considering they are now bonded forever. All Bambi does know is that Karla was found in the bathroom with a weak pulse and an ambulance was called and she was pronounced dead but how she died is still a mystery.

Bambi watches with a strangers eyes as her family help console the suddenly broken woman and Bambi wonders if this woman ever thought she would break like this, Bambi certainly never thought she would break but she did. It seems mean that there is no indication of when tragedy can strike, Bambi wishes there was a sign to let you know things are going to change and you are gonna get hurt, that way people would be a lot happier and prepared.

“Alice” Her uncle says, Bambi stares at him he has his arms held out in front of him and Bambi frowns, she is not sure what he wants but whatever it might be she does not want to give it to him, he killed Karla, that much Karla is sure of.

“Go hug your uncle” Her mum says watching her with a look of anger, she is angry at Bambi for her hesitation, Bambi does not want to upset her family anymore so she moves forward and lets her uncle wrap his slithering arms around her, they rest a little too low on her back and a chill is sent up he spine. She is assaulted with the smell of tears and rust, Bambi stiffly keeps her arms at her side but her uncle still pulls her closer, he leans to whisper in her ear and a chill is sent up her spine again, she feels sick but she does not move.

“Oh Alice, how could she do that?” Bambi does not reply she just listens to the devils ramblings, “I loved her, I raised her and she left me… You would never do that would you sweet Alice… No you would never leave me, I am so lonely, oh hold me sweet girl” Tears spring into Bambi’s eyes as the nickname solidifies her place as his victim. She feels sick because she does not know how to let go of him, he is such a large part of her and now he is back and he is possessing her again. Bambi is terrified but she’ll never say anything… Not even to Ryan, not this time, this time Bambi needs to keep her secret, her family needs her.

Bambi feels sad; this time her prince cannot save her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it better to die or simply wilt away?
Please do remember that even the prettiest things die.
Image