Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Ghosts

Karla committed suicide, Bambi finds it odd that a ten year old girl would even think of such things but then Karla wasn’t normal and that Bambi understands. Bambi has thought about it sure but she could never do it, Bambi unlike Karla whilst broken did not see the world as a particularly bad place, Bambi kept believing in the small things simply because they made her smile and Bambi likes to smile.

Bambi has not slept a wink tonight, she is terrified her uncle is going to sneak into her bed, the other night she woke to him watching her, he had gently touched her face in such an intimate gesture she almost threw up, he had left but Bambi knew he was grooming her again. Bambi hated it the first time and she is not sure she can handle it again, especially knowing she might hurt Ryan in the process.

Bambi is a mix of conflicting feelings and contradictions, her heart is filled with good intentions but good intentions are never enough, no they never are. Bambi is sad and she closes her eyes just for a second, she must fall asleep because she opens her eyes to a figure standing in front of her, she immediately cowers away against the further side of her bed, but when her eyes adjust to the darkness she realizes the figure is much too small to be her uncle, she recognizes the dead eyes instantly.

“Oh Alice” Karla says, Bambi frowns, Bambi is used to seeing things others don’t necessarily but this is different… Karla is dead and while Alice knows her imagination plays tricks on her his feels realer than half of the past week. Karla gently runs her hand down Bambi’s cheek and it comforts Bambi in a sad sort of way, her heart is beating erratically and each beat hurts, it is so painful to see this sad girl again.

“Karla…?”

“I’m so sorry Alice” Karla whispers, Karla glances behind her as if expecting someone else to appear, “I didn’t mean to bring him back to you”

“What?” Bambi whispers her voice hoarse with sleep,

“Shh, we don’t have much time” Bambi closes her eyes and opens them but Karla is still there, “Do you understand what I am saying?” Bambi shakes her head and Karla sighs, her eyes in the dark are truly breathtaking, they are full of life and it makes Bambi’s heart hurt a little less, “I needed to get away and going to sleep was the only option”

“But you didn’t go to sleep” Bambi says quietly, she images Karla as Sleeping Beauty waiting for her monster to be defeated and true loves kiss but Bambi cannot see any prince kissing Karla, only an ugly monster with horns and a black soul.

“I am sorry for whatever happens from here I truly am, you might not know it Alice but you helped me” Bambi frowns as she scratches a pesky itch on her leg, she glances away for less than a second but when she looks back Karla is gone. Bambi’s heart still beats fast and painfully and Bambi’s mind spins her imagination, Bambi’s mind is trying to help her, Bambi needs some encouragement and without consciously knowing it Bambi is becoming her own savior.
♠ ♠ ♠
I offer you this tonight, take care and beware.
Image