Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Weight

Bambi is no longer in the present the memory has taken over all her senses and instead of seeing Ryan’s beautiful face she sees the monster, with big black eyes full of misery and hurt, she is so confused because the devil she sees is not her uncle but rather herself. Ryan notices that Bambi has frozen and he pulls away, he stares at her but her eyes are squeezed closed, “I can’t do this” She whispers, she is not really talking to Ryan but rather the monster she knows is now herself, Bambi isn’t all that scared of her uncle she is terrified of herself because only Bambi has the power to stop everything but she never will.

“What?” Ryan whispers, he pulls Bambi’s dress down as it has risen just below her underwear and as curious as Ryan is to see what kind of underwear Bambi is wearing something is wrong, she is shaking and she refuses to open her eyes. “Alice?”

“Stop it, stop it, stop it” Bambi whispers, Bambi feels the weight of every single secret she has ever kept sitting on her chest and she cannot breath, Bambi needs to breath, Bambi needs to calm down but her breathing is fast and shallow and no matter how much air she inhales it is not enough.

“Alice” Ryan says, Bambi frowns and opens her eyes, she was sure they were open. The evil monster with the dead eyes is gone replaced by the angelic face of her teacher, “What’s wrong?”

“I need help” Bambi admits for the first time in her life, for the first time Bambi is learning to lean on someone, Bambi is no longer able to shoulder the weight of her blame and under the sweet stare of her teacher she does not feel the need to shoulder it herself. Bambi wants Ryan to help her, Bambi wants to be able to give herself completely to Ryan and before she can do that she must do this, she must first tell the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's silly how long it took such a smart girl to realize a simple truth.
Image

-Picture thanks to Darkaly
-- So this story started off for a competition and the due date for that comp is closing in so I am going to end this story earlier than I intended, and continue with the rest in a sequel. The end is near my dears, but don't worry there is still much more to come.