Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

The Beginning

They nicknamed her Bambi because she reminded them of childhood innocence and she had these big doe eyes but Bambi was anything bu childhood innocence, Bambi was broken and bruised and betrayed in all the worst ways. Bambi did not exude innocence she exuded naivety, she exuded fear and terror. Bambi was never innocent but boy did she seem it.

Bambi wasn’t particularly beautiful, in fact she was kind of strange looking but after a while and under dark moon light her true beauty shone and it took one special man to see the potential the small girl had. Bambi was never confident, no quite the opposite really she was timid and shy because she had been hurt, she had been belittled and she was terrified to open her mouth and speak out.

Bambi may not be pretty or smart or all that brave but a special prince made her feel so much better than she truly was, and that’s love isn’t it? Feeling much bigger and better you are because that person expands your heart in a way that is unparalleled. Bambi fell in love and in love she learnt the best thing, monsters just like her are fragile and if she fights hard enough she can defeat them.

Oh but Bambi thinks it is all so easy, what a pretty idea to defeat the monster, Bambi is not thinking straight, oh love will do that to you. Bambi is imagining happiness and a monster slayed she is not considering the other things, the hurt she will cause, the ramifications of telling people. Bambi doesn’t consider any of that she is too busy shaking with fear and speaking unkind words of a man she is sure she will forever hold inside her.

“Mum, dad” She says sitting her parents down, “We need to talk about Uncle Mark...”
♠ ♠ ♠
But doesn’t Bambi realize?
This is not the end;
oh no this is just the beginning....
Image

Goodbye for now my sweets.