Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Speak

Bambi sits upon rotting flesh, six feet below is the rotting corpses of her most favorite human beings, her grandparents. She sits in the deserted graveyard when Bambi was young her grandma would tell her fantastical stories about princesses and they were her favorite, they were her favorite because the princess was always saved, the dragon always slayed. Her grandmother taught her the lesson she clutches most tightly to her chest, no one is invincible.

Bambi went through a stage of silence, she refused to speak for almost a year, her parents sent her to a shrink and they said it was just a rebellious stance, Bambi had waited and prayed every night they would work it out, that she wasn’t rebelling but desperate to tell them truth without having to speak the words.

Bambi finally spoke at her grandma’s funeral, she uttered two words, “I’m sorry”, Bambi doesn’t talk much anymore, mainly because words are so trivial and have no meaning, her uncle used to say he loved her and would always be with her but when she turned 12 he went away, Bambi is both angry and pleased. She wished people kept their promises, like when her dad promised to take her to Six Flags for her eight birthdays but never did, Bambi’s mind is fully of conflicting thoughts and she hates it.

Bambi is a jumble of conflicting emotions and good intentions, Bambi doesn’t match up, she is made up of good intentions and broken promises and she is trying to work out how to live with both but it is really hard, it is like learning to swim in the deep ocean, scary. Bambi hates being scared, she lays her frail body out and imagines she is holding her grandma, she closes her eyes and thinks of Snow White.

Bambi wishes her prince would come save her, Bambi wishes she didn’t have to rely on someone else to save her but Bambi has proven she is not strong enough, so she waits and the wait is getting lonely. Bambi is getting lonely.
♠ ♠ ♠
And all we are is rotting flesh.
Image