Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Papers

Bambi doesn’t have friends, it used to be not by choice but these days Bambi has come to love her loneliness, it is sweet and she can be herself with loneliness, it is her closest and dearest friend.
Bambi sits in her seat reading, she cannot stop her eyes from travelling to the clock and then the door, and she is waiting. Bambi hates waiting and she hates that she is waiting for something as stupid as a five minute conversation with her English teacher or a fleeting smile.

Bambi looks down at her book and tries to concentrate on the words in front of her, “Mornin’ Bambi” Ryan says walking in, he smiles at the now familiar site of this girl sitting in his classroom, a part of him is concerned she is getting attached to their routine but the other part desperately wishes she is.
“Its noon” Bambi replies with a small smile, Ryan has come to adore that small smile her thin pale lips in a small smirk, it is mocking yet sweet and Ryan has fallen in love with it.

Ryan walks over and stands in front of Bambi, he feels awkward knowing what he has to talk to her about, when the guidance counselor called him for a meeting over coffee this morning he freaked out, he was terrified Bambi reported him for inappropriate behavior, whilst the conversation was about Bambi it was not about Ryan leaving her alone. “I talked to your guidance counselor today”

“She smells like cats, have you noticed?” Bambi asks, Ryan chuckles lightly and Bambi places her book down,

“I have not noticed that”

“You will” Bambi mutters,

“She told me you are having trouble making friends” Ryan says, Bambi flushes bright pink, the last thing Bambi wants is for Ryan to think she is a loser, “And apparently you refuse to talk in most other classes” Bambi stares, maybe she should stop talking in this class. Sleeping Beauty slept through her rescue, maybe Bambi could remain silent through hers. Ryan sits down next to her, “Why don’t you have many friends?” He asks, he leans forward the same way his teachers would when they were trying to have a serious conversation with him but up close Bambi smells so nice and her big eyes are so blue and he can’t look away.

“People don’t like me Mr Carter, I’m strange”

“I don’t think you’re strange”

“You must be the only one”

“I’m sure there are kids out there that like you”

“They laugh at me” Bambi says her big blue eyes looking into Ryan’s, he swallows an ever forming lump in his throat and tries his hardest not to let his eyes travel from Bambi’s face. “And the guidance counselor has already tired this with other teachers”

“And what happened?”

“I stopped talking to them”

“Are you going to stop talking to me?”

“No, I like you Mr Carter”

“I like you too Bambi” Ryan mutters, the door opens and students start pouring in, Ryan clears his throat and smiles at Bambi, he moves away quickly and busies himself straightening his already straight papers.
♠ ♠ ♠
A young girl trapped in a big girls body
Image