Sequel: Bloom
Status: For a contest

Flourish

Pizza and Beer

Ryan arrives home after dropping Bambi off to his shared apartment, he shares it with his best friend Anthony, he walks in and stale pizza and beer cling to the air, it smells just as he left it and he doesn’t really mind. Ryan kicks off his shoes and sits down searching for the remote in the couch cushions, “Ryan” A loud voice calls, Ryan smiles and changes the channel on the TV to a basketball game, he is not really all that interested in basketball he just wants to sit here and think.

“Tony”

“So, I met these two smoking chicks last night” Ryan smirks at his friends crude vocabulary, “And they want to hang out with us tomorrow” Ryan stops and stares at his best friend, usually Ryan is up for a double date, especially since Anthony has amazing taste in women but accepting this offer makes him feel guilty and torn. He does not owe Bambi anything he tells himself but a part of him knows he can’t do this. “Where’s the excitement bro?”

“I’m not sure I want to go on a double date?”

“Why, there a teacher at school?” Ryan shakes his head, “Student?” Anthony asks as a joke Ryan hesitates and Anthony notices “What the hell Ryan?”

“It’s not like that, we aren’t together I just… like her”

“She’s a student” Ryan is very aware of this fact and it does not make his feelings any easier, Ryan hates that he likes this sweet young pupil of his but he can’t help but think of her smile as he drifts off to sleep, he can’t help but smell her hair when he walks past, he can’t help but make excuses to talk to her, he just can’t help it.

“I know” Ryan says exasperatedly, he runs his fingers through his messy dark hair and sighs, “I just can’t stop thinking about her”

“All the more reason to go on a date, when was the last time you had sex?” The fact that Ryan has to stop and think puts Anthony’s mind at ease, “See you just need a date and you’ll forget about this little girl” Ryan nods his head but he knows Anthony is wrong no matter what he will not forget Bambi, mainly because he does not want to.

When Ryan was little he believed in fairy tales and dragons and monsters but as the years went by and tragedy struck his life more once he stopped believing maybe that is why he likes Bambi so much she never became jaded by a twist of cruel fate and Ryan does not believe she has been free from tragedy, maybe Ryan wants to believe again.
♠ ♠ ♠
And she grew inside him, and became part of him, the best and most cherished part.
Image