Two Worlds

Chapter 7: All I Need Is Next To Me

Mona Lisa by The All American Rejects

^Christian’s POV^

I finally had the opportunity to stay with my best friend for as long as I can. We had just finished setting up the main rooms such as the bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen. We were going to leave the living room for tomorrow. “When are we going to the pet store?” Beth asked. We were lying on her bed eating some hot chips. “I think we should go now!” I got up and wrapped up the chips. Beth stuck them in the microwave once we got downstairs. Beth got the keys and I walked out the door. Beth walked to the car and opened the door. She only closed it when I looked at her. “You are not going to be driving a car in your state.” She closed the door and walked around to the passenger seat.

It took us only 5 minutes to find a pet store in the city. We parked and walked inside the shop. We were greeted by a lady who was in her mid-20’s. “Hi! What can I do for you today?” She asked. Beth stumbled forward. “We are looking to buy a cat and a dog, if you could help us that would be fantastic!” She smiled, as did the lady. “Well I will be glad to help you two. Right this way.” We followed her into a different room but not that isolated. On one side there were puppy dogs and on the other side were kittens.

We went straight to the kittens and looked. Beth looked around the enclosures. “Any tuxedo cats?” The lady only giggled and opened up one of the cages. She picked up a small, Meowing kitten that was curling up in the girls’ hands. “Oh my god.” Beth whispered. “We need to take this one home!” I smiled at her. The lady gave the cat to Beth and looked to me. “Uh….golden retrievers?” She walked over to the puppies that were playing around. When she opened the door, one puppy jumped out and ran towards the door in excitement. But I picked him up. “Well it looks like I am going to take this one.”

I came to recognise the lady (by her name tag) as Rihanna. She got us carry cages and everything we needed to look after the pets. We paid for our stuff and drove back home, but not stopping by a Subway. We got home and let the pets roam free. It was happy to see that they didn’t fight. We named the puppy Thor, and the Kitten Loki. Loki’s bed and scratching post was set up in Beth’s room and Thor’s bed was set in mine. The food bowls were in the kitchen and the kitty litter box, in the laundry. We sat down on my bed and smiled. “So, living room tomorrow.” Beth stated. I nodded and threw a chip at her. She caught with her mouth; something that she has been able to do for a long time.

Beth fell asleep not long after that, so it gave me time to ring Mum, Charlie and Frank. I told them about our pets and they wanted to come and see us. I let them come down for a little house warming on Saturday. That was pretty much the glory of having close friends to classify as family. I guess you could say that it was really just Beth and myself. We didn’t really need any other friends. I stopped thinking and went to feed Thor and Loki for the first time. Well, it was mainly Thor because Loki was asleep with Beth on my bed. Once his dog food was in the bowl I went back into my room and checked my phone. I checked Tumblr and Twitter before falling asleep with the phone on my face; dreaming about my best friend in a memory that I would never forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Sorry it's taken so long to post yet agian, i've been super busy but now i should be fine
Beths outfit is the same as the last chapter.
Comment, Rec and Subscribe please! i do need some feedback!
Thanks
Liv