Status: It's a Two-Shot!

Late Night Show

Just a Movie

Late Night Show

In an unspecified place at an unspecified date there stands a tall boy trying to fish out the $5 for the movie he wants to see. In walks a girl, younger than him (though he doesn’t know it), seeking the same also unspecified movie (though neither of them know it). She stands behind him and notices with her keen all-girl-school-senses that he is attractive and vaguely familiar. She searches her mind for his face, but the picture is fuzzy because it’s 11pm and very dark inside the theatre lobby.

She suddenly figures it out just as he curses and realizes he does not have the correct type of currency for the movie. She’s confused, for he of all people should have enough cash to see a cheap movie. She does not know that in his rush to escape his suddenly claustrophobic hotel room, he forgot his wallet. He only had about $7 and he used it on a taxi a mere three minutes ago. Sensing his frustration and deciding that he deserved some kindness, she asks the ticket counter for two.

Producing her bill, he turns around, expecting cameras and cringing a little bit, because as fun as they are, tonight was not the time. He’s pleasantly surprised when he is greeted with brown hair and blue eyes and a smile instead of flashes. She reaches to take the tickets and hands him one. He still can’t believe it so he smiles at her and she blushes, and so does the 50-year-old woman at the ticket counter because his smile really is charming.

They walk to their unspecified movie together and he opens the door for her. The lights are still on, and they are the only ones there. She chooses a seat with a prime screen viewing position, and to her pleasant surprise, he sits next to her. She knows he knows exactly who he is, and if she’s being honest with herself, she’s struggling not to scream.

Even though they are alone and the previews have not started, he whispers to her, “Thank you. I was in a tough spot back there.” She turns to him, processing that his voice sounds huskier in person, and it’s damn sexy. She smiles, “It’s no problem. I’m glad I’m not seeing the movie alone.” He laughs, a long, warm sound that reminds her of being wrapped up in a blanket.

“What’s your name, love?” he says, “And do you always blush like that?” She laughs nervously and covers her cheeks with her hands.

“It’s Natalie. And for you information, my cheeks are always red.” He daringly reaches up and pokes her right cheek.

“I don’t think so, but I’ll accept that answer. I’m Harry.” This of course, she knows, and he knows she knows, but introductions are always nice in such situations. Because of course, they’ve never met before, and they will meet again (but neither of them know that). She holds out her hand, half because it’s the way she’s been raised and half because she’s curious as to what his hand feels like. He looks at it warmly, and shakes it up and down, up and down.

“Pleasure.” she says. His hand is warm and quite large and she’s sad to see it go back to his side after the greeting is over. The lights start to dim and they both lean back in their seats. They are extremely lucky because no one else has come to this showing, so they are alone in the theatre. Harry notices this, and leans over to her, whispering, “Don’t tell anyone, but I’ve seen this before.” She laughs loudly, a sound which to him sounds full of life and happiness, and slaps her hand over her mouth. Continuing to giggle, she whispers back, “I’ve seen it around 10 times and I still cry.” He smiles and is secretly glad to hear this because he usually tears up as well.

Why have they both seen this film? Here’s a hint to which unspecified movie they’re seeing. This night, which they will both thoroughly enjoy, is 80’s night. Natalie is happy beside her new companion (she’s actually dreamed about this since she was 15).
They watch the movie, and they’re both wondering if this could be a date. Neither of them have been on a date in a long time, for very different reasons (but neither of them know that). Harry turns to look at Natalie and he knows she’s very pretty. She’s got freckles all over and her blue eyes shine in the movie light, though upon closer inspection he sees that she’s crying (he is too). He whips his head around to face she screen just as she turns to look at him. It’s an emotional scene in the movie and she’s quite happy to see his eyes watering. She think’s it’s cute and as a tear trickles down his cheek she reaches out and brushes it away with her thumb.

She’s shocked at what she’s done and turns away, embarrassed. He catches her hand as she draws it away and smiles a watery smile at her and she melts.

“Don’t look away now! It’s the best part!” he whispers and drags her hand down, not letting go of it. They turn back to the screen for the ending. The final words of the movie echo through the theatre and he turns to her to mouth them, making her smile.

“Does that answer your question?... Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.” he tells her. She smiles and squeezes his hand. The lights turn on as the end song plays and Harry lets go of her hand to stretch his arms up in the air. He’s very fit, and she can see some of his tattoos on his arm. The birds peak through the top of his collar and she can’t remember why she didn’t like them in the photos.

They stand and file out of the theatre into the dim lobby. Neither of them want to leave the company of the other, for in a movie, you don’t get to talk much. He wants to know her, and though she knows quite a lot about him, she wants to hear his voice more. Using a sudden rush of courage, she asks, “Do you have to be anywhere anytime soon?” He exhales in relief, “No place at all.” Nibbling on her bottom lip, she hurriedly says, “Would you like to go for a drive?”

“I’d love to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 1 of 2! I actually had this dream....