Your Heart I Couldn't Win

time for the final bout

If there was anything that I was completely certain of, it was that Cameron Warren was as bloody stubborn as they came.

When I wanted to play a game of tag, she wanted to play dress up. Whenever I suggested we watch Pokemon, she'd pop in a dubbed Sailor Moon video that had been her sister's. When we tried to make plans for a Friday night, we had a row over what to see at the cinema, her choice of the latest romantic comedy or my choice of the latest action film.

Cameron Warren always won, she had been winning since we were ten years old.

Most people found Cameron's stubbornness unbearable, and loathed how unspoken she could be. She had constantly been labeled hard to get on with or a stuck up bitch as soon as any of us knew what that meant. But as up her own arse and as stubborn as she was, she was still my best mate.

People always told me it was hard to find a friendship like ours, something you saw over and over again on the telly, but only happened in real life once in a blue moon. The minute her mum move them in two doors down, the rainy little blonde and her picture perfect family, it seemed like the cameras started rolling. We lasted through primary school, college, and maybe even would have lasted through uni. It seemed like nothing could ever come between us, we'd get that happy movie ending. But even I knew nothing was ever as it seemed.

I've dealt with enough papers painting me as some kind of womanizing bad boy, which wasn't completely true. This story would have been perfect for the front cover of the trashiest rag out there, it had everything they clawed over one another to find. It had the idyllic setting, enough drama to power a small city, and an a list cast of characters. I could see the headlines now, hear our publicist shouting at some editor over the other end of her mobile.

Now, I could say that I had no idea how things had gotten this complicated, but that would be a lie. I knew exactly what, and who, was to blame.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a very, very short beginning and it's going to be a slow build so you're all going to need a little patience! I'm recycling an old idea and trying a different writing style, fingers crossed.

Comments are appreciated, i'd love to know what you think!