‹ Prequel: That's Hockey, Baby

I Won't Give Up

Worth It

"Ell, babe are you sleeping?"

I rolled my eyes as I heard the front door shut and footsteps near the bedroom.

"Save it," I said shortly, narrowing my eyes at him when he walked into our room and saw all of my stuff in a pile near my suitcase. "I don't want to hear it."

"Let me explain, please." He rushed over to me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, waiting for him to make up some excuse.

"Lorraine and I used to date when I first moved to Chicago. For almost 2 years."

"I knew it." I mumbled as I turned away from him, wiping away tears that brimmed in my eyes.

"She kissed me." He said, turning me around so I was facing him, "I broke her heart when we broke up and I wanted to make sure she was okay with doing the wedding. All the guys were around and you know how they're nosy so I pulled her into the nearest room but before I could start talking, she kissed me."

I stared at him, not knowing what to say.

"You see this?" he asked, taking my hand in his, "This ring means something to me."

I rolled my eyes as pictures of him kissing the gorgeous Lorraine, who he had history with crossed my mind. "If this." I slid the ring off my finger and wiggled it in his face, "Meant anything to you, you would have told me from the very start who she was!"

"You're not my boss Ella!" He said, his anger now rising too as he ran his hands through his hair, "I was going to take care of it! I can't help the fact that she kissed me, as soon as the realization kicked it I pushed her off me!"

"Only because she opened the door when she heard me!" I cried in frustration.

"I don't know what you want me to say, I said I was fucking sorry Ella god dammit! I scored the winning goals and the guys wanted me to come out but I told them no I had a loving fiancé to go home too!"

"Go out with your fucking friends then!" I screamed. If he and Lorraine hadn't even kissed we'd both be out partying right now with the team.

"Fine." he grumbled as he pushed himself off the floor and walked to the floor. I glared at him as I found the nearest object, a straightener, and whipped it at his head. He dodged it as it hit the door.

"You're doing this again? Breaking all our shit?" He glared.

"You really care about my straightener?" I asked sarcastically, "What about this glass?" I whipped an extra water glass at him, "Or a clock too?"

"You're fucking insane Ella, daddys not here to buy you new shit if you break all of yours."

That was it.

I didn't make any smart ass comments as I quietly walked to the balcony, Patrick following my every move with his eyes. I slid the ring off my finger and threw it off the balcony with all my might. When Pat realized what I threw he came running out on the balcony.

I walked back inside, not saying a word as I went back to my room and furiously threw my clothes in my suitcase. I expected Patrick to come to our room, professing his love for me; but when he didn't, I was afraid we both had really screwed it up bad this time. Sure, we had our fights here and there, the usual breaking of plates and throwing, but none where he didn't come back and tell me how much he loved me. I wiped away the tears that began to freely fall, packing up our room.

I picked myself off the ground and made my way to the front door, I opened it to see Patrick standing there, soaking wet.

"This is yours." He said simply, as he slid the ring back onto my finger. Our balcony over looked the pool so I figured thats where the ring fell.

"We've got a lot to learn, but god knows we're worth it. I love you so much Ella and I told you the day I proposed - I want the fights and craziness, I want you and nothing could ever change that. I knew that this wasn't going to be easy, but who said we wanted easy? I know I screwed up big time and I fired Lorraine I just - are you crying?"

I chuckled lightly and shook my head no, wiping away the tears that began to fall.

"Why can you never admit you cry?" he asked as he draped an soaking wet arm over my shoulder and led me back into the apartment.

I propped myself on my elbows as I watched him change his shirt, "Cowgirls don't cry."

"You've lived in the city for all your life Ell." He laughed as he joined me on the bed.

I laughed and shook my head, "My grandpa always told me that, he grew up on a farm in Georgia. Every time I cried, he'd yell at me and say cowgirls don't cry. I later learned that it was a song but it kinda just stuck with me."

"So Ella Watson isn't as tough as she'd like people to believe." he smiled as our noses touched.

I giggled as he leaned down to kiss me, splashing me because his hair was still soaked from the pool. I pushed him off of me and sat up.

"Go shower, you smell like chlorine."

"Care to join?" He smirked as he pushed himself out of bed.

"Not tonight, you smell like wet dog, you actually need to shower." I giggled as he stomped off to the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECZbIMg9u8 <----- Link to the song Cowgirls Don't Cry, if anyone was curious:)