And We Dream of Somewhere Else

Chapter 2

“How are you feeling honey?” my mom’s sweet voice asked from my right. I woke up the next morning to the sound of the door being opened by her. I was feeling specially tired that day, which was weird since I slept well. She walked in and sat down on the chair next to my bed with her usual warm smile as I sat up a little to have a better view of her.

“Well…I’m not feeling bad.” I admitted with a shrug and she nodded. Should I have felt ill? Something? Since she refused to give me answers then I always went with the truth.

“That’s okay,” she smiled and held my hand, giving it a little squeeze “You’ll be seeing a doctor in 15 minutes, just so you know.”

“Okay. It’s going to be quick, right? Kellin is coming so..”
She sighed and nodded for the second time.
“Yes, sweetie, it will be only 10 minutes.” She assured me and I grinned widely. I mean, I wouldn’t like Kellin to come in when I was with this guys. And if anything, then fuck the doctor, I only saw Kels one hour per day and for what I managed to hear from the little talks my mom had with the doctors, I would be here for a long time, so this guy had plenty of days to see me.
-----------
“That wasn’t that bad!” Kellin said, looking down at the sheet with lyrics on it.
“ True.” I answered, smiling at him. Sometimes we just travelled to another world where we were singers and had our little concert in here. And we actually did pretty good.
He put the sheets down and put his hands in his pocket before looking up at me. There was something about the way he did some things..I don’t know, I just loved it.

“ Okay, what was next?” I tried to remember but he was faster and from his back pocket he took a folded piece of paper and opened it in front of us.

“ ‘Kellin and Vic’s shitty To Do list’ “ he read aloud and we both laughed “ So according to this ‘shitty list’” he quoted it “ We are drawing now.” He finished with a little smirk. Of course, why not? He was freaking skilled when I didn’t even know how to draw a hand. This should be funny though.

So we had to draw each other, that’s what he said. It was easier said that done. We both grabbed a paper and a pen and sat in front of each other so we can have a good view from the other. Although I already knew Kellin and every part of him like he was me. I bit down on my lip and and started drawing. I wouldn’t say it was the best picture you will ever see but it was just okay. Kellin took his time instead. He always paid attention to little details, I don’t know. But although I was done with my drawing, I was still looking at him. The way his hand moved softly over the paper, the little frown that always formed in his face when he was deep in thought, the way he scratched his neck while looking confusing and what he was creating, the way he licked his lips…Woah there Vic. What just happened?

“Are you done?” he snapped me out of my thoughts and I quickly nodded, going back to my usual self and forgetting about it.
“Okay we will show at the count of three, alright?,” he chuckled and I smiled, holding my paper in front of me “ So one, two, three.”
The bastard snorted and covered his mouth with his hand to prevent the laughter while my jaw continued to drop open and my eyes widened.

“That’s..that’s pretty Vic.” He said finally laughing. I frowned and left my drawing aside. His was so..real. It was perfect.

“Meh, you win, you always win.” I complained.

“ Yeah but I don’t sing as good as you.” He shrugged like it was obvious and I felt a little blush coming up to my cheeks.

“Whatever,” he spoke up, suddenly yawning.” I am tired as shit.” He stretched his arms and without saying any word he got up from his spot and pushed me a little so he could laid next to me.

“I know this is not in our list, but can we sleep? I’m dying I sware.” He chuckled as he made himself comfortable in bed. I rolled my eyes with a little smile on my face, but gave in. We still had like 30 minutes before he had to go so yeah.

As I laid there, Kellin pacefully sleeping by my side, his hair spread all over his pale face; I could only think about how adorable he actually was. And to be honest, that scared me a little.
---------
*Two hours earlier*

“What are you looking at, Vic?” Dr. Davis asked. He was in the same chair my mom was sitting before. His voice was soft and gentle, but determined at some point.

“Oh, my bracelet.” I was currently playing with it. I was something I always did, like unconsciously. He frowned and wrote down some words I couldn’t see; then he looked up and smiled.

“Nice. Did you buy it or―”
“No. It’s a friend’s.” This was starting to feel like a therapy session. I thought he would just check on me; my health, I don’t know.

It was getting me on my nerves, not being able to know what he was thinking. He kept writing on his blue notebook as I answered his questions, and I was getting bored.

“We are almost done Vic. Now tell me, how do you feel?” he stared at me and it was fucking intimidating. Seriously? Again with that freaking question? How was I supposed to feel?!

“I’m fine,” I sighed and tried my best not to look rude “I really am. I’m okay and happy and everything’s just fine.” He looked at me and readjusted his glasses, writing down one last thing.

“That’s all boy. Thank you for your time.” He smiled, I was starting to hate it, and got up.

“Why am I having these?” this question, and many more, were eating me alive and I couldn’t keep them forever.

He sighed and took off his glasses “Sometimes, Vic, sometimes we need help, even if we don’t want to admit it.” He finished and left.