‹ Prequel: A Surprise Visit
Status: Ongoing Story

As Long As You Love Me

Going Out

Mike had taken me to a pretty fancy restaurant in town called Armano's. He had already gotten reservations for us, and we were seated at a table quickly. It was semi-private in the back, only a couple of the tables being occupied. I must say that it was quite romantic... The room lights were dim, and the candles on the tables casting a glow around the room.

"This is so nice Michael." I smiled at him as he helped me into my seat. "What? Oh, yeah, yeah it is." He stuttered, twisting his hands together. "What's wrong baby?" I questioned. "Nothing, nothing's wrong at all Em. I'm just happy to be here with you." He smiled nervously kissing my head before he sat in his seat across from me.

I smiled at him, and decided not to push the subject any further. A waitress came over to our table and handed us menus... Not before taking a couple looks at Mike... She left us alone to decide what we were ordering.

She then came back with a small pad. "Have you guys made your decision yet?" She asked looking at Mike. "Um, yeah. I'll have the steak." Mike stated looking over to me. "And I'll have the chicken please." I gave a fake smile. "Ok, I'll have them out." She smiled leaning forward to get the menus in a flirty way, making me roll my eyes.

"Are you Mike Trout?" She questioned turning her attention to Mike. "Yeah, I am." He replied taking my hand in his over the table. "Oh... I thought so." She giggled as she turned, glaring at me before she left. "Oh Mike." I sighed looking down. "Hey, I love you babe." He stated rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand. I looked up into his eyes, smiling again.

She later brought out our food, frowning when she noticed that Michael's eyes didn't falter from mine when she put the plates on the table. Angry, she stomped back to the kitchen, making Mike and I laugh.
We finished our wonderful dinner, just catching up on how college was going, and how Mike was loving his experience in the majors...

It was when the check came the he began to get nervous again. "Are you ready to go yet Michael?" I asked him, gathering my things together. "No!... I mean wait, I have to ask you something Emma." He stated. "What is it Michael?" I asked as he stood from his chair. "Um... Emma, we've been together for a while now. You were with me when I got drafted, and you were there through the first year, which would have been extremely tough without anyone by my side. I knew that you were the one when you first stepped in the dugout that day... And the fact that you're crazy good at baseball only made me more attracted to you. I love you Emma Marshall, and I want you by my side for the rest of my baseball career. Will you marry me?" He asked getting down on one knee, pulling a black velvet box from his pocket.

My eyes widened as he looked up into my eyes, a slight smile on his face. I wasn't sure what to say... Sure, I love Michael, but I was still in college... I'm just finishing up my junior year, and I've got my full senior year to come... My mind was buzzing, but when I took another look into his big brown eyes, I knew my answer...

"Yes Michael, yes... I will marry you." I whispered, tears of joy coming to my eyes. His smile grew as he took the beautiful ring from the velvet box and stood up to hug me. After a long hug, he pulled me back just enough so he was able to attach his lips to mine, kissing me gently but passionately. Once we both pulled away after a couple seconds, and he slid the ring on my left ring finger, his gaze not leaving mine.
I looked down at the beautiful ring that was simple yet elegant. I loved it...

Mike and I left the restaurant hand-in-hand, and it wasn't until I got into my silver car with him that I realized that I was engaged... I was going to get married... I'm not even out of college... Oh gosh...

The car ride home was somewhat silent... The radio playing softly was the only noise. Mike kept his eyes on the road, and I kept my eyes on the shining ring. "I knew you were gonna like it." I heard him break the silence. "Huh?" I asked breaking out of my thoughts. "The ring... I knew you would love it when you first saw it." He smiled over at me. "Oh yeah... It just seems so surreal... I can't believe I'm actually engaged to someone as amazing as you." I smiled as he pulled into the parking lot of my apartment building.

"Well, I've gotta get back to the hotel." He stated as we both stopped outside the door of my apartment. "You sure you don't wanna stay for a bit Mike?" I questioned leaning against the wall. "Na, it's gettin late, and I really don't wanna be taking a cab home at midnight." He replied as I nodded.

I looked down at my ring again, admiring it before I placed my hands on the sides of his waist. "I love you Emma." He stated placing his forehead on mine. I flicked my eyes up to see his smile. "I love you to Michael." I grinned before I put my lips on his, kissing him deeply.

We continued to kiss until wolf-whistles and hollering pulled us apart. I looked down the hall way to see a couple of my teammates, along with Curtis and Heather, who was busy taking pictures of us with her phone.

"Hey there Mikey." Our team's catcher, Grant grinned as the group came toward us. "Hey Grant, how ya been?" He asked doing a handshake with each of the boys. "Fine. How are you guys doin?" He replied. "Just dandy. You know, we just won the division... With the help of your girl." Anthony stated grinning over at me.

"Mike was just leaving..." I trailed off trying to hide my blush, scratching the back of my neck. "Yeah, I was... It was nice seeing you guys... Emma, tonight was great." He grinned down at me. "Yeah, it was." I smiled before standing on my toes to kiss his lips quickly. He smiled, giving me a couple more quick kisses before he disappeared down the hallway.

I crossed my arms, raising my eyebrows at all of my grinning friends. "Really?" I questioned before I opened the door to my apartment, Heather following. "What's up Emma?" She questioned as I flung my body down on the couch with a huff. "Nothin." I replied flicking on the TV. "Come on E... Tell me." She stated sitting next to me. "Mike asked me to marry him." I mumbled quickly hoping she wouldn't understand and push the subject away.

"He what Emma?!" She exclaimed, her eyes widening. "He asked to marry him... He proposed Heather." I said. "Really?! Oh my gosh! Emma! Show me the ring! PLEASE tell my you said yes!" She exclaimed jumping up and down on the couch. "Of course I said yes Heather..." I smiled as I held out my hand, letting her examine my ring.
"It's so pretty!! You're so lucky!" She exclaimed hugging onto me. "Yeah, but you can't tell anyone about this... I don't want it getting out to the press, and I'm sure that Mike doesn't either." I stated sternly. "Promise." She grinned before she hugged me again.

I smiled before I stood up and went into my room. I plopped down on my bed, and admired my ring that was now on my finger.

I can't believe I'm gonna be someone's bride... I can't believe I'm gonna be Mike Trout's bride... No, shut up Emma... He's just Michael to you...
♠ ♠ ♠
There's Chapter 2...

Here's the ring: http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16824006&allowPop=no&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=16824006

I hope you all like it, and please comment, recommend, and subscribe!! :)