Lie To Me

Ch. 1: The Beginning of the End

Ch. 1: The Beginning of the End

“Yeah, I’m going to be here the whole day.” Jennifer said to Gerard on the phone.

“Cause I don’t know at what time I’ll get done with this, and I need to talk to you bout something.” Gerard said.

“Why don’t you tell me on the phone?”

“Cause it’s too important to say it over the phone.” Jennifer was confused. Never in the 10 years she knew Gerard, he did such a big deal to tell her something.

“Ok, but bring something to eat cause I don’t want you letting my fridge empty.” Gerard laughed.

“Ok, bye, gorgeous.”

“Bye, handsome.” Jenni hung up the phone.

She closed her eyes and remembered a lot of situations, places and conversations. And always Gerard was there, happy things, sad things, funny things… he always was there for her. Jennifer knew she loved Gerard way too much and as more than just a friend, but she thought it was curiosity. Who never felt like that for her/his best friend when they’re of different sex? Many times she believed she was crazy for feeling that way, so she waited for Gerard to realize if he felt that way and tell it to her. But it never happened. Anyway, Jenni took their friendship so for granted that she convinced herself that Gerard wouldn’t dare to share his life with someone else. Throughout the afternoon, Jenni was at her house thinking a lot bout Gerard and what that big thing he had to tell her was. She was getting exited cause it could be what she waited for years to hear, but she knew ‘don’t making castles in the air’. Besides, he was dating Eliza for a while now and Jenni could know he loved her.

It was cold outside, night had fallen hours ago and the dark sky threatened with pouring. Jenni was in her room watching TV, wondering where Gerard could be. It was late already. Just as she finished her thought, the doorbell rang. She wrapped her body with a blanket and went down stairs. She opened the door and let Gerard in.

“Finally you showed up.” She said closing the door.

“Fuck, it’s cold outside…” He shivered. “Here, I brought some stuff.” He handed her a bag.

“Food! Mmm… Chocolate cookies, raspberries, Coke… Cool, now we’ll have a picnic upstairs. Leave your jacket somewhere, I have the heater in my room.” Gerard got rid of his jacket and went upstairs as Jennifer took a few glasses and made her way up too.

“I rented a movie too.” Gerard threw his shoes away and laid on the bed. Jenni looked at him.

“Ok, what do you want?” Jenni laid on the bed by his side. “You’re acting too nice today.”

“I am nice.” Gerard said with a smirk. Jenni rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, whatever. Give me the movie, I’ll play it.” Gerard handed her the tape and she played it.

The movie was one of those typical films where boy meets girl, fall in love and get laid at the end. Jennifer already had seen that movie, but she kept the comment to herself. Gerard laid on the bed relying his side on a pillow, Jenni placed herself infront of him, relying her back against his legs. As both watched the movie, Jenni got lost inside her mind, picturing her and Gerard being the couple on the film. Jenni reached the back of her head and set her hair free, slipping down a little so her head was relying on his legs. Gerard stared at her as she reached for a raspberry. Gerard studied every move or her lips, her teeth and her tongue while she was eating it, fantasying bout her. He reminded what he had to say to her, so those thoughts weren’t allowed in that moment.

“Give me a raspberry.” Gerard said.

“You’re close enough to reach it yourself.”

“Please…” Gerard put a pouty face. Jennifer sighed and reached for a fruit giving it to him right in the mouth as she was feeding a child.

“But you’ll have to feed me…” She said as her fingers reached his lips, they were so soft… that only contact sent chills through her whole body. Gerard reached for another raspberry and gave it to Jenni in the same way she did with him. The only touch of her lips on his fingers made him shiver. Even after she swallowed the raspberry, his fingers stayed on her lips, slowly caressing them as she kissed them closing her eyes. Gerard sat up lowering his hand to her neck and pulling her up. Their faces were less than an inch away. He caressed her neck passing his fingers through her loose hair.

“I love when you wear your hair down…” He said staring into her eyes. He placed his hand on her nape and pulled her closer, resting his lips onto hers, they started kissing softly grazing their lips, then the kiss got more heated. Their tongues crashed, Jennifer took Gerard’s face making the kiss deeper. They didn’t know how much they wanted that to happen till it did. The kiss was so amazing, the flavor of each other’s mouth was so perfect, their lips were so soft… God, for 10 years they had that feelings in a bottle and now everything was happening.