Status: In the works right now, heh. btdubbs be a dear and tell me if I'm wasting my time updating this crap story. thnx.

Fancy Pants

Fancy Pants Ch. Cinco de Fuq

-

I managed to get Emma to my room without my mom seeing her. Thank God.

As she took a seat on the edge of my bed, out of habit, I pushed closed my door. Her eyes lurched up at the sound of it shutting, but she tried to hide it and I pretended not to notice.

Grabbing my laptop from my bedside table, and sitting a reasonable distance away from her, I asked her, “What do you want to do the paper on?” When she shrugged, saying she didn’t care, I logged onto my laptop, praying I didn’t leave anything up she’d have a heart attack over.

“Let’s just Google a topic.”

“Good idea.”

Luckily, I must’ve shut down my laptop when I was done with it this morning, because nothing was open in the background. Taking extra precaution, I double-clicked on the Internet Explorer icon. I can’t remember what I was last on/bookmarked in Chrome or Firefox, but with Explorer, there was no worrying.

The homepage didn’t pop up when Internet Explorer fully loaded, but it's Internet Explorer, so what's new? I typed in Google.com and waited for it to launch. Emma and I both sat there staring at the loading symbol as it swirled around in circles.

And we waited.

And waited.

For forever.

I moused up to the toolbar to check the internet connection symbol. It looked fine; all five bars were filled in.

We continued to wait.

And then - the little loading icon…was replaced with a yellow triangle, an exclamation mark in its center, the words ‘Problem loading page’ were next to it. But when I checked the wifi symbol, it still looked just dandy.

Well, dang.

“I don’t have internet,” I informed her, “even though it says I do.”

“Oh,” she pursed her lips. “Well, what do we do?” I’m assuming she was referring to the paper topic.

Pressing shut my laptop, I shrugged, sitting it back onto my table. “Uhm…I don’t know. And besides, if I did, we couldn’t look anything up about right now. We could just do it another time.”

“That is true…okay.”

So we sat there…until I manned up enough to speak. “Uh…do you want to do something else instead? Or I could just take you home -”

My eyes caught a shadow sweep by my window, and then there was a knock coming from the living room.

Someone’s here.

It better not be Natalie.

“Dodger!” my mother called seconds later. “Natalie’s here!”

ofc.

I thought about moving my dresser in front of the door and barring my window and hiding in here with Emma for the rest of our lives, but was too lazy to get up. I could hear the sound of footsteps creeping their way here and then the unnecessary knock against the door before it was shoved open.

“Whaddup -” Natalie stopped abruptly and looked taken back. “Oh,” she muttered before getting a smile on her face. “Didn’t realize you had company.”

“Company?” I asked perplexed, then jerked my head towards Emma and gasped loudly, jumping slightly. “Wha - Emma, when did you get here?” Emma’s little mouth formed a smile. I’m pretty sure (given her history) Natalie smiled as well, but fuck her. Emma’s was way better.

…I think I like her.

Nah. I do. I won’t even lie.

“Funny,” Natalie commented under her breath, staying where she was in the doorframe. “Anyway, as I was saying, didn’t realize you had company - I’ll just go.” Instead of dashing out right away, she still stood there like she was expecting me to tell her to not be ridiculous and to stay, but I didn’t wanna. I’d rather sit here and possibly do nothing with Emma alone. buh-bye.

Not getting a response other than ‘bye’ from me, she huffed a bunch of air out of her nose. “Well, later then - OH WAIT.” She yanked herself back into my room. “I remember why I came over here - I was gonna tell you something. You know Tristan, right?”

Oh, no. I think I know where this is going. Nonetheless I still said, “Yep.”

“Okay, well, uhm…” She began to fail at hiding her smile. “You know how his parents split ages ago so he only lives with his dad, right? Well, his dad’s gonna be on-call all weekend, starting Friday and Tristan’s gonna have the entire house to himself - you can already see the ending of this story, can’t ya?”

Sadly.

“Party?” I guessed and was right…unfortunately.

“Heck yeah,” she confirmed with a ginormous grin, leaning against the doorframe. “You going?”

“Wasn’t planning on it.”

“Ah, come on!” she griped. “You gotta. I was thinking we could hang out after school Friday for a bit then head there. It’ll be awesome - plus,” She took a quick glance behind her then leaned forward. She lowered her voice as she said, “I hear his dealer hit the mother lode and there’s gonna be all these different kinds of drugs there. And everyone’s chipping in and bringing everything they’ve got - ecstasy, coke, weed, meth. Do you really want to miss that?”

…not really, tbh. You guys are probably going to hate me, but…drugs are nice. Especially the very illegal and fatal ones. I mean, who doesn’t enjoy convulsing violently on the ground every once and a while?

Emma looked so lost right now. I could just tell she was uncomfortable, not fitting in at all with this conversation. As much as I wanted to say yes, I was so pressured to say no because I didn’t want Emma to think I was a terrible person.

But I really am a terrible person…so she should be expecting that.

Rubbing my jaw hard, I shrugged. “Maybe.”

“Just maybe? Come on. It’ll be fun.”

“Maybe,” I said again. I saw defeat as she puckered her lips tightly.

“Fine,” She stuck her tongue out childishly before backing out the door. “Get back to me on it, promise? I’ll text you later.”

“And I’ll try to reply.”

“Yeah, try this time!” she laughed out, stopping herself from leaving yet again. “That’s why I had to come over and talk to you in person because someone doesn’t pay attention to their phone and do things like answer me back.”

“Maybe you should take the hint,” I smirked arrogantly.

“Oh, never!” she promised with a fist in the air. Her index finger was pointed at me. “I will never quit!” she called, finally pulling my door shut behind her as she went. “Never!” I heard her continue.

“’KAY, BYE!” I yelled after her. Weirdo.

“Anyway,” I turned back to face Emma after hearing the sound of the front door opening and closing. “Back to what I was saying earlier before we were so rudely interrupted - do you wanna, like…do something? I mean, school shouldn’t be the only reason for us to hang out…” Is this weird? Feels weird.

“Ah, good point,” she agreed, beaming. “Good point.”

“Oh, and speaking of chillin’ like villains…” DO IT, B-WORD. DO IT BEFORE YOU LOSE YOUR NERVE. “Tristan’s party…I know it’s definitely not your kind of thing what with the drugs and all - or maybe it is - but, ah, do you…wanna…oh I don’t know…go…with…me? You can say no, by the way. That’s cool, too.”

She looked kind of…I don’t know what to say she looked like…but it wasn’t a bad look. Taken back, I guess.

“Oh…a party,” she said. “With drugs - I think the girl - Natalie, yes? - just wanted you to go with her…not me.”

“Yeah, but see, that’s the thing. I don’t want to go alone with her - not that that’s the only reason I’m asking if you want to go, because it’s not.” Definitely not.

“Then why?” she asked laughing slightly. “Party’s aren’t much of my thing, really, if you haven’t guessed.”

Because I wanted to do drugs and have sex with you.

heh. jk.

j
k
.

Just kidding on the ‘jk’ing. Let’s bang.

“I don’t know. Just thought I’d ask.”

“I really don’t think she wants me there, though,” she went on after a brief smile.

“Yeah, well, I don’t care what she wants.” Too truthful? Oh wah.

“Wouldn’t it be awkward?”

I shrugged. “Probably. Still don’t care.”

“That’s sweet.”

“You know me….so…yes? No?”

“You’re persistent,” she observed smiling.

So persistent that I eventually got her to say yes. I would go into detail of the whole conversation but it was seriously the same lines being said over and over again.

But yay. Persistence is my main bitch.

-

I had to climb out of my window at about ten at night then run about a block away to an awaiting car owned by that stupid effer David. For more than one reason this was way more difficult than it had to be. One, my mom’s way of making sure I never sneak out successfully is to just super glue my window shut. I had to use a crowbar to pry it open all without making too much noise, which isn’t easy.

Two, I was trying to get out completely scot-free. I also didn’t want Natalie to hear/see me. I still haven’t told her I was ditching her for Emma. Oops. I just avoided her after school/

And three, David’s annoying.

So speaking of said-Emma, I guess she told her parents she was staying at her cousin’s house and got her to cover for her. Well, look at that. I feel like a proud mother, turning this goodie-two-shoe into a fellow hoodrat.

Heh. Remember when I was afraid of tempering with her innocence? Not anymore. Good girls gone bad are just so wonderful, and I seemed to have forgotten that.

After picking Emma up like a whore off a street corner, we ended up at a pretty scummy neighborhood.

Also for more than one reason, I grabbed Emma’s hand and kept her as close as physically possible. She didn’t seem to mind, though at first she was shocked, but got somehow closer, squeezing my hand tightly as we followed David and several other d-bags up the pathway leading to Tristan’s home.

Obnoxious rap music was blaring loudly out the open windows and grew even louder the closer we got. (Ah, physics, what the heck?) My already damaged eardrums tensed faintly when we pushed through the door, immdietly walking into the haze of smoke that filled the cramped living room. There was a strong smell of weed around it.

There were faded white lines on an old table, which had magazines (with naked ladies on them) piled up as one of the legs.

David patted me on my shoulder and shouted over all the noise that he was going to see what Tristan’s fridge had to offer by means of edible food, and left Emma and I to stand there.

Thanks bro.

I tried to make small talk with her and that mission failed when I couldn’t hear what she said as a response.

I didn’t know how to feel when David returned back to us, holding a little Ziplock baggie filled not even partially with a white powdery substance.

Oh. Damn. I forgot that would be here…somehow.

He held it up in the air like it was a great-find, a huge cracked-out smile plastered on his face. (Pun intended) “Look at what I got!” I’m guessing he tried to yell at us. I gave him a thumbs-up while Emma’s eyes widened. She jerked her head up to me, then back at him and the bag.

Seeing her face, David shouted like an a-hole, “You get the first line!”

She shook her head wildly, but David grabbed onto her forearm, attempting to drag her over to the couch with him and when I yanked her back to me, he didn’t miss a beat before grinning yet again. He threw his hands up in defense, stepping back, motioning for us to seat ourselves.

I hesitated at first, but we had been standing for about five minutes and my legs were beginning to hurt. Realizing there was only what looked like room for two people to sit, I went down first, pulling Emma onto my lap, ignoring David’s stupid face when she gasped in surprise. She seemed tense at first but relaxed. David joined us seconds later, bringing the see-through bag into view and dumping it out onto a tile-looking thing.

While he grabbed a razor blade from the other side of the table, I opened my legs a little wider so that Emma slipped in-between. Though it probably looked strange, I have to admit that it made me a whole lot more comfortable.

A TMI, but my stuff wasn’t in the best position before.

David had split the powder into six equal white lines. Four of them were currently being sniffed by other members of the house, including him.

That left two.

Sniffling hard and loudly, he pushed his hand against his nose, holding a rolled up one dollar bill in front of Emma.

Uhh, has he ever met Emma before? She’s not going to go for this. But hey, I might.

Her facial expression - I wanted to laugh. I knew she wanted to be like, “What the fuck?” So David fixed the straw-substitute in my face. I slowly reached for it and just ended up staring it.

Next thing I know, I was sprawled out on the couch, my head in Emma’s lap as she ran her fingers through my hair. I felt sleepy and relaxed. Everything was nice.

My eyes opened when I felt her move. I shifted as she bent forward, hand grabbing a colorful can from the coffee table. I didn’t really focus on what it was until I saw in big white letters ‘FOUR’ and under that in black smaller letters ‘loko’.

I tilted my head slightly in confusion and followed the can as she brought it to her mouth, tipping it back and chugged it. Her free hand went back to lacing through my hair.

Woah, I thought, rolling back onto my stomach, closing my eyes. What have I done to this little angel?

Oh well.

Just then I was shifted again as she leaned forward, placing the drink onto the coffee table. I drifted my eyes closed once more, ready to pass out when I felt something on my neck. It…was nice. Made me tired, though. Then it went to a certain spot on my neck and made me…horny.

Oh - it’s a mouth.

Wait...whose?

Something fell into my face. I quickly recognized it to be strands of hair. For some reason I sniffed it. Kiwi, I think. In the midst of sniffing, the mouth moved up my jawline and over my own mouth.

Well, this is okay.

Way okay.

Oh…things are going spinny and I could feel myself slipping away into darkness.

-

I woke up feeling insanely sluggish and drowsy. My head was pounding, I felt gruesome and my eyes were expired.

Expired?

I tried thinking of the word I’m sure I meant to use, but it never came.

I managed to pull my eyes open, but the vision came out as a slit and very blurry. All I could see was the worn out carpeted floor below the bed I was on and a grey hoodie several inches out of my hazy view.

Hey, I got one of those, I think.

I made an attempt at lifting my head up so it was fully resting on the pillow and succeeded. On my way up I had noticed a black rectangular object resting on the bedside table. It took me a couple seconds to realize it was my phone. I seriously had to throw my hand up to grab it and angle it towards me. I clicked on the lock button and read the numbers written on the screen.

7:12am

Well, that’s early. I went on and read the date to see it was Saturday. I clicked the lock button again and set my phone down.

I laid there for a couple seconds until I realized I wasn’t wearing underwear…or any clothes, for that matter.

So that means . . . I’m naked. But I don’t sleep naked?

That’s when it hit me.

I sat up straight, eyes wide. I looked around the room and knew right away it wasn’t mine. I didn’t go home last night - not to my home, at least.

Somewhere in my brain was an alarm going off, telling me something bad had happen, but I was feeling too much like shit to go and find it.

Then I felt the bed shift - and it wasn’t caused by me.

I froze, refusing to look and see who was beside me, though I really wanted to know. I was actually half-hoping that nothing had happened. Maybe it had been a really hot night and I stripped my clothes off? I’ve done that before. And whoever it was next to me, was just some stranger who crashed for a place to sleep.

But to my horror, there was a girl lying face down next to me; her back, though partially covered by her long hair was bare.

She appeared to be sound asleep and - I checked under the covers - naked.

Oh, great. Well, okay then.

I dropped my head into my hands and stifled my yawn, trying to remember all that happened last night and I couldn’t recall much. I remember David and a little plastic baggie making me wonder where David was. I remembered the feeling of someone playing with my hair which was real nice and a colorful tin can. Who was drinking out of it was a mystery to me.

My stomach was in knots with hunger and queasiness making it hard to want to focus on anything but finding food and going to bed for a couple days, but I was determined to figure out who was drinking out of the colorful can.

Rubbing on my temples, the image slowly began to clear - I wonder where Emma is…

…………holy fuck. I wonder where Emma is.

I didn’t lose her, did I?

No. She’s probably with David….yeah, that’s no better. She’s got a nicer chance of survival being alone. She probably went home. But what if she didn’t make it?

I suddenly felt very nauseous and hopped up from the bed so I could throw up in the toilet. And that’s when I realized I didn’t know where the toilet was. I was going to open the door, which I assumed lead to the hallway to look for one, when I remembered I was also naked. But on the verge of hurling, I wasn’t really up for throwing on some clothes to up-chuck.

And that’s when I decided to use a dresser drawer as a make-shift toilet.

After wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, I quickly ran around the room and picked up all my clothes, throwing them on as quickly as I could. I had to find her.

And that’s when the sleeping girl decided to wake up and stretch.

As she sat up, letting the bed sheet slip down to her waist, she yawned, gradually starting to open her eyes.

My eyes widened as I realized who it was. Well, the search is over.

Emma’s eyes widened as she quickly looked me up and down - it took me a few seconds to remember I had nothing on. Her hands flung over her eyes as she wailed out, “Dodger! Cover up!” And then, realizing her forearms touched bare skin, she froze momentarily, glancing down at her chest. She gasped, yanking the sheets over herself. She hugged them tightly, mouth hanging open, as she turned and franticly looked around the room, at the floor, gasping more at the sight of clothes flung out about it.

Her head ever-so-slowly made its way up to face me.

Furrowing her brow, she began to ask dreadfully, “Wha -…did we…?”

“I’m sorry,” was all I could think to say. She didn’t say anything; it looked like she couldn’t. I decided it’d be best to get something to cover up with. While she stammered to herself, I spotted a boxer-like material. Hoping they were mine, I pulled them on. Still not getting a full response from her, I slowly made my way over to the bed where I took a seat to try and help her piece it all together.

“My parents will be so upset with me,” she whined into her hands.

“I’m sorry,” I said again, honestly feeling that. It probably was my fault - it obviously is. I invited her. But who initiated the sex? Probably me. So definitely my fault - wait…I’m getting more flashbacks. I remember someone kissing me…IT WAS HER.

What I thought was a mental gasp actually came out. She started it. I swear.

“What?” she asked, a concerned look on her face. Uhh, should I tell her? No.

“I-I’m just remembering…” I searched for something to remember. “You drank a Four Loko.” Yeah, that works.

“I don’t even - what is that?”

“Alcohol,” I simplified it for her. "For middle schoolers, but it's alcohol."

“I DRANK?” she bellowed in disbelief. I nodded, ‘causing her to drop her head back into her hands. “So disappointed,” she murmured, shaking her head. It…it kind of looked like she was holding back tears.

“It’s gone,” she whispered, shaking her head some more. “All gone.”

“…uh…what?”

Her mouth grimaced. “My virginity.” Oh. Well, I feel bad. “They’re going to be so disappointed in me,” she continued to say.

“Well…they don’t have to know,” I reminded her slowly.

“How will they not know?” she cried. “I cannot wear white on my wedding day now; they will know why. No man will want to marry a girl so impure. Everyone will look down on me. They will hate me.”

“You had sex once. That doesn’t make you a whore.”

“They will see it differently. This isn’t what they wanted for their daughter - to go off to a party with drugs and lose it. They will be so, so angry.”

If this was anyone else, I would’ve told them to stfu and get over it, but being a virgin meant so much to her, apparently, and her family. And I wrecked her. Great, by the way she’s talking, I’m expecting her family to sacrifice her to a volcano if they found out, but they only really sacrifice virgins to volcanoes, so she ain't got jack shit to worry about.

She suddenly doubled-over and vomited over the side of the bed.

Awesome.

“Okay, listen,” I said after patting her back and asking if she was okay. She looked up and I could just see how tired and distraught she was. She looked like she was done hurling for now. “I’m gonna go get dressed and possibly find a bathroom to throw up in; you can get dressed and I’ll take you home, okay?”

She nodded solemnly.

“Okay.”