Status: This entire story will be in letter format.

Letters

Evan

August 21, 2013

Dear Abigail,

I just received your second letter. As soon as I finished reading it, I sat down to write this one. I'm so glad you bought so much toothpaste! I think I'm mostly excited about that box of Reese's you mentioned. Is it really a box?

I've been doing really good now that I know I'll have someone's letters to look forward to. My parents never agreed with me joining the military, so they don't send me as many letters. Actually, I'm lucky if I get one from them. I usually listen to things like 3OH!3, Eminem, and Say Anything.

I looked at the pictures you sent me. Did you take them yourself? They're really good. My favorite one is of the girl in the sweater looking down at the fire on the beach. She was laughing. Is that you? All I see out here is sand and a fucking desert. When I go back home, I'm going to take a vacation to the beach and just lay in the water for a few hours.

I really hope you feel better. I don't get sick as much as I used to, but I remember when I did get sick, it was pretty bad. I mean, I had snot running everywhere and my head was normally buried in a toilet bowl somewhere. I'm sorry if that was too much. Anyway, you should eat, even if you're not hungry; you need something to give you energy.

I'm the only child. My parents divorced when I was seven because my dad had developed a meth problem. My mom remarried two years later to this really nice lawyer. He pretty much replaced my dad. But like I said earlier, they don't write to me much anymore. I think saying they disagreed with me being in the military was an understatement.

Some buddies of mine have been getting letters from girls from back home. They usually send them naked photos. Actually, they only read the letters that have the naked photos in them. I don't know why though; I'd be happy that someone even thought to send me something. I usually give them the letters that are sent to me by other girls. They're usually not interested in actually talking to me. They just want us to tell them how good they look with their clothes off. My buddies think I'm gay because of that, but I don't really care at this point. Normally I read the letters sent to me by my cousins and aunts. Some old friends from high school will write to me every so often, too.

It's supper time, so I'm going to go eat. I can't wait to hear back from you.

From,
Evan
♠ ♠ ♠
All characters and the plot belong to me. Do not steal or post this story somewhere else without my permission.