Status: This entire story will be in letter format.

Letters

Abigail

August 26, 2013

Dear Evan,

I was so excited when I opened my mailbox and saw a letter from you! I assume you've gotten my second letter, so I'll wait until I receive it before sending out your care package. I'll go out tomorrow to pick up the things you mentioned.

I'm 19, by the way. I just started my second year of college last week. So far I like my classes. I don't really know very many people, but that's okay with me. I'm majoring in English. I want to be a writer one day. I think owning a restaurant would be really fun. The only thing is, though, is that I'm a terrible cook. I can barely even make spaghetti without burning the hamburger meat.

I like where I live; I'm always walking distance from a beach at any given time and that makes me incredibly happy. The town I lived in before I moved here was nowhere near a beach. I live in a small two bedroom apartment with my roommate, Stephanie. She's really nice, but we're not best friends or anything. She's been going out a lot more lately, and she's skipped work a few times. The rent is due tomorrow, so I hope she has enough to pay her half. I don't have very many friends, but the ones I do have are the greatest I could ever ask for; I love them all so much I consider them all my best friends. I met them all in junior year of high school and we all ended up going to PBA together. I met my boyfriend through this group, and we started dating a few months later. I don't really want to be with him anymore, though. It's complicated. Anyway, my friends are all amazing and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

There's really not much to say about my life. I wake up, go to the beach if I have time, go to work or class, then come home or go to the beach if it's not too late. I spend a lot of time on the beach—probably more than a normal person should, really. The beach just relaxes me, I guess. It inspires me. I had a friend in middle school, and just before high school we met these guys who hung out at the beach all the time. I don't hang around with them anymore, though. Most of them moved away or started doing drugs and drinking too much. I was never one to get involved in that stuff. It just never appealed to me, you know?

You probably know by now that I have a younger brother and an older sister. I'm really close with both of them. My little brother is starting high school this year, and my sister is going to be completing her bachelor's at the end of this year. Our parents are really great, too. My dad was the typical father who would greet any boy my sister or I brought home with a bat or gun. He did it very subtly, too, so that my sister and I wouldn't notice. Our boyfriends would be the ones to tell us that our dad did that. My sister usually brought home the boys, honestly. I've only ever brought home two boyfriends, because that's all I've ever had. I've had guy friends, but I never brought them to the house.

My mom is really nice. She liked to bake with my sister and I when we were little. My sister absorbed the cooking skills, and I learned the eating-from-the-spoon skills. I think my sister and I inherited our shopping addiction from our mom, too. She loves to shop, whether it be for cleaning supplies or furniture. Luckily she knew when to stop.

It's starting to storm here really bad; a flash of lightning just lit up the living room. I really hope I remembered to roll up my car windows. I should probably check. I can't wait to hear from you again.

Stay safe, Evan.

Your friend,
Abigail

P.S. I won't be sending you anymore photos for a while. I'm going to be putting something special together for you, so I won't have much time to take any. When is your birthday?
♠ ♠ ♠
All characters and the plot belong to me. Do not steal or post this story somewhere else without my permission.