Sequel: Lonely Girl

Escape Route

It Was Written In Blood

"Do you ever wonder if maybe reality isn't real?" I uttered into the silence of the night. "That maybe, one small thing might have happened to you to make you fall into a coma and this is just all in your head?" I looked at Vic to see his reaction.

"Or this is just an alternate reality" He suggested.

"Yeah or that" I nodded and looked back up to the shinging stars.

"Are you gonna tell me what's been going on?" I could feel his eyes burning into the side of my head.

"What if we are actually dead and this is our after life" I said changing the subject.

"Hayley" He said sternly. I turned my head and looked into his concerned eyes.

"Vic" I said. He sat up and looked down at me. I followed suit.

"You can't play this game with me anymore, tell me what the hell you were thinking" He said with fire in his eyes.

"What do you want? A description of how I done it? How it felt to wake up thinking I'd died? The look on my mothers face when she thought I was gone?" I snapped.

He looked sad at my comments. "No I just want to know if you're okay" He mumbled looking away.

"It's been a year, I'm fine" I said looking away. He suddenly grabbed my hand.

"Tell me the truth" He whispered. I turned my head around and he had moved closer to me. "Hearing that you almost killed yourself broke my heart Hayley. I had to go to my bunk to cry because I didn't want anyone to see" He sighed.

I could see a small build up of tears in his eyes. "It all got too much for me. I wanted to end it just because it was the easy way out but I know now that it isn't okay" I said softly.

"Promise me?" He looked straight into my eyes.

"I promise" I whispered and stared into his.

"I don't know what I would do if there was suddenly a world without you Hayley" His stare was intense yet enticing.

"Well I'm here now" I smiled weakly.

He looked at me like he wanted to say something. I closed my eyes and sighed. Suddenly he kissed me gently. I opened my eyes and pulled backwards. "Vic" I said with anger. His face went white and he looked away. "What the hell?"

"I'm not even going to say sorry because I'm not" His head snapped round.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" I asked.

"You heard. What makes you think I'd be sorry for kissing you?" He said.

"You have a fiancé Vic" I reminded him.

"I told her to go home. Tony was right, she doesn't belong here" He muttered.

"So you kicked her off tour?" I asked.

"You did not live with her Hayley. She was horrific" He said shaking his head, a slight laugh on his lips.

"I just wanna know how she knew about me and Patrick" I questioned.

"Yeah, what's that all about?" He asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it but I'm gonna end it" I said avoiding his stare.

"That's the mature thing to do Hayley" Vic said with a small smile. I couldn't help but melt a little inside.

We looked at each other intensely. The air got caught in my throat and that familiar feeling in my stomach returned whenever I looked at Vic. It was something so different and unique. Like there was nothing inside me and if I didn't hold onto something I might float away. Then it all hit me at once. He was everything I ever needed and wanted. I love him...

I began to lean in, my eyes closed and I hoped he would do the same. Closer and closer I got but nothing until.

"Vic..." I opened my eyes to see a distraught looking Mike infront of us.

"What's wrong Mikey?" Vic looked up at his younger brother.

"M-mom d-d-died" Mike choked out. I looked at Vics face and it just turned to nothing. No emotion. No telling of what he was thinking. My heart was breaking for them.