Status: What do you think?

For We Are Many

I Hate This Town

"I'm sick and tired of this living nightmare
Cut the shiny rope to reveal more dust
I'm supposed to enjoy this misery, to miss it if it stopped
Why should I?
Why?
Where's the new world?
The perfect pool of crisp love
No more crimson stains
You've left me with scars
That I can't stitch up
If you're still here
Haunting me
Aiming your gun
I'm falling asleep under the moon
Wishing on a star
That you would leave"

"EVE!"

I set my notebook down, preparing for the beating that I knew was about to come. "EVE! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LEFT THE DISHES OUT AGAIN! STUPID BITCH!" My mom screamed in my ear, smacking me across the face.

"T-that was d-dad.."I whispered, knowing she would deny it.

"No it wasn't you worthless bitch! Go clean the kitchen!" She spat in my face, hitting me over and over again. I held back my tears, knowing she would only hit me more if she saw me cry.

She finally left after hitting me all over, my body frozen in pain. I let the tears flow, my vision blurry from crying so much.

That's it. I'm done with all of this.

Who's gonna stop me from leaving?

No one.

I wiped my tears away, keeping all my feelings cooped up inside. I'm like a child's box of legos.. on the outside I look all nice and shiny, I look put together and acceptable. But on the inside, you'll find that I'm a mess. I'm broken, just waiting for someone to put my pieces together. But that person doesn't exist.

I gathered up the few belongings I had into my bag, putting my game face on.

I grabbed my boots, slipping them onto my small feet. It's time to start over, even if that means dieing

You see, I live in the Legion. Our town is very protected and F.E.A.R. hardly ever comes in here because of the Boss and all of his guards. But once you step outside those gates like I'm going to do, it's open territory. Anything can happen.

"EVE! I TOLD YOU TO CLEAN THE GODDAMN KITCHEN!"

I sighed. I hate my parents more than everything. Almost every day my dad has a big party, fucks random chicks, and trashes the house. My mom always blames everything on me, it's always my fault for some reason.

Time to leave that all behind.

"Whatever mom." I spoke with a grin on my face, quickly running out the door.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!" She screamed, staring at me through the open door.

Then, I did something that I've wanted to do my whole life. While running, I looked back at her, sticking my middle finger up at her and smiling.

"You-" she spoke, surprised I did that. I turned my head back to the road in front of me, running as fast as my feet would carry me.

Open road.

Dust flew out from under my boats as I continued to run. I know where I'm going.. away. Anywhere but here. Never gonna change my mind, I'm leaving it all behind.

I continued running, my breath getting heavier, the hot sun beating down on me.

Before I knew it, I had reached the town gate. I hesitated, touching the hot metal for the first time. It's forbidden to leave the town, you can even be executed if the Prophet sees you. I've never seen him before, he's like a legend. He's the Boss's apprentice, so you don't want to mess with him.

I slowly slid the lock, looking behind me at the open desert. Time for a new beginning. I began to walk through the open gate, stopping suddenly. Someone was watching me.. I can feel it.

My heart beat sped up in my chest as I slowly turned around, noticing a pair of bright blue eyes staring at me through a bush. The Prophet. I had heard many stories about those eyes, they memorize you.

I waited for a moment, but nothing happend. I thought he comes after you if you try to leave...

Nothing. He just stared, his unnatural blue orbs watching my every move.

Do I go? Why am I questioning myself?

I turned around again, bolting away from my town. I looked back every few seconds, surprised that he wasn't following me.
Why do I want him to be following me?

I ran and ran and ran, my lungs filling with dusty air. I collapsed on the ground, gasping for air. Whoops, looks like I ran for too long.

I gathered up my strength, sitting up on the ground. I held my head in my hands, thinking to myself.

Why did I get this weird feeling in me when I saw the Prophet? Was it..love?

NO. No no no no no. It can't be love. I won't fall in love again... I just won't.

(Flashback)

"Evepie!"

"Derek! You're home!" I cried, running into my boyfriend's arms. He hugged me tight, picking me up gently and twirling me around.

He had been away for months fighting with our army.. I was so terrified he wouldn't make it back. And now he's here, holding me.. I couldn't be happier.

"I've missed you so much!" I cried into his shoulder as he set me down.

"I've missed you too." I stared up into his brown eyes, a little surprised when I looked at them. They didn't seem the same to me any more, they seemed.. different.

I shook it off, grasping his hand tightly. "Hey.. I have a surprise for you!" He spoke.

"Oh ok.. What is it?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you.." He laughed. "C'mon.."

He led me out of the house over to an alley a few blocks away. He let go of my hand, a smirk appearing on his face. Suddenly, I didn't feel safe anymore.

"W-what's going on?" I stuttered, slowly starting to back away. Something isn't right..

He laughed, grinning scarily at me as 5 other boys emerged from the darkness. "These are some friends I met in the army.. they haven't had a good fuck in a long time.."

I started to cry, my heart racing. I couldn't take what I was hearing. I'm already abused at home, my only escape was Derek. Now he's following their footsteps..

"No.. get away from me!" I cried, attempting to run away. One of the guys roughly grabbed my arm, pinning me to the wall. They covered my mouth with tape so I couldn't scream, ripping my shirt off in one rough motion.

This can't be happening.. please let this be a horrible nightmare. Tears streamed down my face as they ripped off my bra, pants, and underwear- stripping me of my clothing and dignity.

After that, I closed my eyes and tried to block out what was happening. This can't be happening..

I screamed out in pain as one of the guys thrusted into me, sending waves of pain through my body. All I could hear was Derek's laugh when I screamed in pain. How could he do this to me.. I loved him. I thought he loved me.

I'm never falling in love again.

(End of flashback)

I wiped away the few tears that were starting to fall as I recalled the memory. I need to steer clear of the Prophet.. He made me think twice about not falling in love.

I gathered my things once again and continued on, walking this time.

I looked down at my feet, watching my feet as they stepped forward back back. Left.. right..left..right...left..right..

BAM!

Suddenly I was hit in this side, causing me to fall to the ground. I groaned, clutching my side as I slowly sat up. My breath hitched in my chest as I slowly looked up, staring into the eyes of F.E.A.R.

"Hello Eve.." He spoke.

"Get away.." I said, attempting to gather up all the confidence I had in me and put it to use.

"I know you're in pain.. I know you're lost. Well, I can make all that pain go away.." He whispered, sending shivers down my spine.

"W-why should I listen t-to you?" I stuttered, feeling less in control.

"Because it's your only hope.."

He placed his hand in my forehead, shooting some kind of electricity through me. My breathing slowed down, the world suddenly seeming more calm.

I blinked, and the words "OBEY F.E.A.R." appeared in front of me.. actually in front of everything.

"You obey me now." He spoke. "You don't have a choice. Those words are the only words you obey. Understand?"

"Yes master." I spoke, the words flowing involuntarily.

"Good. From now on, you may not speak to any people from Legion. If you come across them, kill them. Got it?!"

"Yes master."

"Okay. Now get lost." He said harshly before disappearing, leaving me alone again.

I started walking again, the words "OBEY F.E.A.R." still over everything I saw.

My face was emotionless, my thoughts blank. I feel cold hearted..

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped, turning around quickly. I gasped as my thoughts melted, my view on the world changing, as I stared right into the eyes of the Prophet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit- All Signs Point To Lauderdale

So guys, what do you think? This is a two shot so there will only be one more chapter..
This story is different than the others I've written so I hope you like the idea.. please give me feedback!

And don't worry, my other story is still going strong. I went back on ADHD medication recently and I've been kind of depressed lately, but writing always makes it better. :)

~Amber Extermination