Status: in progress :)

Let's Live While We're Young

ONE

Addison POV

I was equally excited and terrified. It was understandable though, I was moving halfway across the world. I was leaving the home that I’d grown up in, all my friends and everything else I’d known my whole life behind.

I was freaking out if I was being completely honest. Moving to a small town called Holmes Chapel in the UK all the way from Australia was one big change. When Dad had said that he was being relocated I expected a new state or town, not a new continent.

Nether-the-less I had packed all my stuff up into a million and two boxes, said my goodbyes and then we were on our merry way. Come to think of it; I actually had no idea how any of our stuff was getting to the new house, all I knew was that I’d packed and labelled it and Mum had said it would be at the house before I was.

I only had one suitcase filled with the essentials, just in case something happened and our things didn’t actually beat us to the house, and my carry-on bag. That’s all I had with me when I got off the plane to start my new life.

After we’d been through customs, which surprisingly took very little time, and all that jazz it was decided by unanimous vote that the first stop was the bathrooms. Dad volunteered to wait outside and watch mine and Mum’s suitcases while we went.

I did my business and freshened up and then I went to push the door to exit but it came into contact with something solid, which I quickly realised was a person.

“Oh my god, I am so sorry. Are you okay?” I moved out of the bathroom and offered my hand to the girl who was sprawled on the floor in front of the door, gripping her head.

She took my extended hand and pulled herself up. She had really awesome black hair with blue streaks. Her slightly tanned skin set off her eyes which were an amazing sea blue colour. She was really pretty.

“Ow.” She rubbed her forehead before continuing. “It’s alright; I really should pay more attention to things like doors opening that might smack me in the face.”

I laughed and Mum came out behind me. “Addison what are you doing?” She asked.

“Oh, I was just, I hit…” I trailed off looking at the girl next to me.

“Beth.” She filled in the blank.

“Beth, I just hit Beth with the door and I was saying sorry.” My mum smiled at both of us.

“We’d better get going.” She told me with a jerk of her head.

I turned back to the girl. “Well I’ve got to go. Again, I’m really sorry.”

“It’s alright.” She told me with a nod before I walked off with Mum and Dad.

Beth POV

“I can’t believe you are going to boot camp.” I screamed, way too excited for my own good.

“Would you calm down, you’re more excited than I am.” My best friend Harry said with a cheeky smile on his face.

We were sitting in McDonalds at the airport eating lunch with Harry’s mum, Anne, and his sister, Gemma; he was leaving today. There was not a doubt in my mind that Harry would do exceptionally well; I was fairly confident that he would make it all the way to the finals, he was too good not to.

I was happy for him, I really was, but it is going to be hard to live without my best friend for a while.

Harry and I have known each other since we were babies and our parents had made us take baths together. I will admit we didn’t get along until we were about seven. I don’t know why but he just seemed so annoying, he still is now but not as much.

As the years went on, we became almost inseparable. It got to the point that if I forgot to tell mum where I was going she’d only have to call Anne to find me. My older brother Jace used to joke about it all the time saying it wasn’t hard to know that I was with Harry because I have no other friends; and in a way that is true.

It’s not that people dislike me or have anything against me it’s just that I sometimes had trouble relating to other people and I didn’t have that problem with Harry so I tended to stay with him as much as I could. So Holmes Chapel would be a bit boring with him gone and I’d miss him but I would never tell him that. If I did he wouldn’t go, that’s how close we were.

As the time for Harry to leave neared, I started to feel a little bit ill. I excused myself from the booth that we were sitting in, saying I needed to go to the bathroom. Harry looked at me, a confused expression on his decidedly handsome features. I shrugged it off and continued towards the bathroom.

By the time I’d reached the bathroom, I had been thinking so much that all my thoughts had kind of jumbled together and I was almost confused by them. Me and being confused never ended well. I went to open the bathroom door as someone went to open it from the inside and got hit right in the head.

Now, I’m not a wuss and I can handle a bit of pain but that really hurt.

“Oh my god, I am so sorry. Are you okay?” The girl said offering me her hand, which I took gratefully.

After I was on my feet I decided to take a proper look at the girl. She was a thin girl with bleach blonde hair that was dead straight. She had soft features and I could honestly say that I would have mistaken her for a model if she wasn’t in McDonalds.

“Ow,” I rubbed my forehead. That was probably going to bruise. Great, just what I wanted a purple bump on my face. “It’s alright; I really should pay more attention to things like doors opening that might smack me in the face.”

She laughed as an older woman, most likely her mother, walked up behind her saying: “Addison, what are you doing?”

A small crease appeared between her eye brows as she fumbled around looking for the right words.

“Oh, I was just, I hit…”

“Beth.” I told her my name.

“Beth,” She nodded. “I just hit Beth with the door and I was saying sorry.” The girl finished and her mother smiled at me and then her daughter.

“We’d better get going.” The older woman jerked her head signalling that they needed to leave.

“Well I’ve got to go. Again I’m really sorry.” Addison said, turning back to me.

“It’s alright.” I told her with a nod and then she walked off with both of her parents while I continued into the bathroom.

I walked over to the sink and cupped my hands under the cool water, letting it collect in my palms.

When there was enough water there I splashed it over my face, loving the way that the cool temperature calmed my stomach a bit. It relaxed me enough that I could think normally again.

I needed to stop worrying. I was excited for Harry and that’s all there was to it. This would be a good thing for him and I needed to be able to let go of him for long enough that he could live out his dreams.

With a determined nod I dried my face with a paper towel and, with one last glance at my reflection, headed back out into the airport.

When I returned to our booth Anne and Gemma were talking animatedly and I doubt they even noticed my return. I slid in next to Harry and he turned to look at me.

“You alright love?” He asked genuine worry clear in his face.

“Yeah fine. I got too excited for you and it made me a little light headed.” I told him with a wide smile.

“Well don’t go doing that.” He grinned. “Be excited in a healthy way.”

“I promise to try.” We both laughed and continued on with our banter until Harry’s flight number was called.

We all made our way to the boarding gate, me sitting on top of Harry’s suitcase while he dragged it effortlessly. When we got there he hugged and said goodbye to both his mum and sister before he turned to me.

He opened his arms and I happily jumped into them, knowing this was the last Harry Styles hug that I might be getting for quite some time.

“Love you best friend.” He said pulling away.

“Love you too.” I smiled as he turned, handing over his boarding pass and then disappeared onto the plane.

Brooklyn POV

“What am I going to do without you?” I asked my best friend Niall while we were standing in the
middle of the airport.

“What you usually do, just without me.” He shot me a lopsided grin.

“Oh, you are too funny.” Sarcasm dripped from my every word.

As Niall was about to reply with what I’m sure would have been some witty joke at my expense, an announcement came over the loud speaker telling all passengers for flight 118 to proceed to boarding gate three.

I looked over at Niall as he stood up. “That’s my flight.” He stated.

He turned to me and opened his arms for a hug. Niall honestly gave the best hugs out of anybody I’d ever met. He managed to make you feel so safe and content all in the one simple gesture.

“I’m going to miss you so much.” I told him.

“I know.” He whispered before adding: “I’m going to miss you too Gallagher.”

“Go be amazing. I’ll be watching every night.” We broke apart and he smiled down at me.

“I’ll do my best. Now behave and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” He winked at me cheekily and placed a quick kiss on my forehead before saying goodbye to his family.

He passed through the gates with a wave and a large smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys,
Well this is the first time I'm posting a full length story on here. I hope you're all as excited as I am. I will try and update every week or so as I already have the first few chapters written and I'm working on the rest.
The idea for this story stemmed from the fact that my sister wanted to write a collab story with one of our other friends (hence the three female characters you just met) but then they both got lazy and left it to me. So, now I'm kind of writing the whole thing.
All the guys will be in it I promise. It will mostly focus on the female points of view (as I am also female and therefore find that easier to write) but I will occasionally shift to the guys' when I feel it is necessary. Also I will probably jump from one point of view to another a fair bit because I like to get a well rounded perspective.
Sorry for overloading you all with information, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message.
Other than that; enjoy, comment, subscribe and recommend if you think it's good enough. Any and all feedback is welcome.

-Danielle :)