Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Twenty One

"I don't wanna go to the doctor," I said, hugging Landon's neck as we walked inside this huge tower. Landon said my Doctor was a nice man, and that he'd never do anything to hurt me.
"I'm sorry man, but we gotta get your cast off. And besides, it shouldn't take very long," He said. I frowned and kept my head on Landon's shoulder. He walked inside, then went to a metal door that opened up when he pressed a button. After we got inside, he smiled at me, "Wanna press the button? Press number 3."
"Okay," I smiled and pressed number 3. It lit up to orange, and I flinched when the doors closed. Then, I felt the tiny room going up.
"Good job. Your doctor is on the third floor. This is an elevator, and it's faster than taking the stairs," Landon explained.
"It's like the magic room," I smiled, then I frowned again, "I'm scared..."
"Don't be scared, bud. Nothing bad is going to happen," Landon pressed his nose to mine. I giggled and poked his cheeks.
"Pinky swear?" I held my pinky out. He smiled and held his pinky to mine. We waited for another few seconds before the magic door opened. I hugged Landon's neck tightly as he walked out. I heard a few kids playing, and other adults talking. Landon walked us into a room. There were a lot of soft, cushy chairs. The adults were sitting in them, and two little kids were in the middle of the room with some kind of kids toys. Landon walked past them and to a lady behind a desk. She had on a white coat thing.
"Hello, how are you today?" The lady said with a smile.
"Heya, I'm doing great. I'm here for my appointment. Kaiser Anders," Landon smiled. The lady nodded, and typed some stuff on a computer, then handed Landon a clipboard with paper and a pen.
"Just fill that out, and return it up here when you're done. Then we'll get to you shortly," The lady smiled, then looked at me, "Look at this little cutie." I covered my face in Landon's neck and shook my head no.
"He's very shy and very nervous," Landon chuckled.
"Don't be scared," the lady smiled, "You want a sucker?" I lifted my head up and nodded. She handed me a red sucker and I smiled.
"What do you say?" Landon said.
"Thank you," I pulled the wrapper off and put the sucker in my mouth. It was cherry and it was awesome.
"He's so adorable," the lady said.
"No...," I frowned and turned away.
"He knows he's adorable," Landon laughed and ruffled my hair. He walked us over to a soft cushy seat. I sat in the one beside him, and sucked on my sucker while he wrote on the paper. I stayed quiet and looked up at the TV. I didn't pay attention to the kids toys. If the other kids weren't over there, I would've played with the toys, but I just watched TV instead. It was Spongebob, which I loved. It wasn't as good as Digimon or Pokemon, but it was still good. When Landon finished writing on the paper, he handed it back to the lady then sat back down. Suddenly, a woman and a little girl walked out of the hallway that was next to the lady behind the desk. The girl was crying.
"I didn't want a shot mommy! It hurt!" She said. My eyes got big and I looked up at Landon. He rubbed my shoulder and stayed quiet.
"You were such a big girl, though. And you know what big girls get? They get suckers and candy," the mom said, smiling. The girl wiped her eyes and sniffed.
"Here you go, girlie. You can have a sucker and a nice kitty cat sticker," the lady behind the desk said as she gave the girl the things. The girl smiled, shoved the sucker in her mouth and held tight to the sticker.
"Can I get a sticker, too?" I whispered. Landon smiled and picked me up, then sat me in his lap.
"Of course. But you gotta see the doctor first," he said.
"Aww okay," I frowned and crossed my arms, "But no shots?"
"No shots." He gave me a thumbs up. I giggled and slapped his hand before watching Spongebob again. After we waited for awhile, a man in a white coat walked out. He had something around his neck, and he was bald with a white beard. He looked strong.
"Kaiser Anders?" He called out. I flinched, and Landon held me as he stood up. Landon walked to the doctor, who smiled and shook his hand.
"Good morning you two," he smiled down at me, "Is this young Kaiser?" I hid my face in Landon's shirt and shook my head.
"Yes it is, he's really shy," Landon chuckled and rubbed my shoulder.
"That's okay. Kaiser, my name is Dr. Speer. You seem like a great kid, and I've heard a lot about you," He said. I looked over at Dr. Speer and covered my eyes.
"No shots," I said. The doctor laughed.
"No shots today, I promise," he smiled, then looked at Landon, "We're just gonna get his height and weight, all that stuff, and then get that cast off."
"Thank you," Landon smiled. Dr. Speer smiled, nodded, and then Landon carried me as we followed him down the hallway. First we stopped by this weird thing.
"We're gonna get your weight and height, Kaiser. To see how tall and strong you are. Could you step on the scale for me?" Dr. Speer asked. I nodded, and Landon sat me down on the scale.
"Stand up tall and straight for me," Dr. Speer said. I nodded and did just that. He said a few words I couldn't hear, then wrote on his own clipboard, then looked at the scale again, then wrote more stuff.
"He's around 32 pounds. That's a little underweight, but he's got a fast metabolism from what I've seen in his file. But it's also a good thing, because the last time he was at the doctor's, he was around 10 pounds lighter. So you're doing great," Dr. Speer smiled and so did Landon. I had no idea what they were talking about.
"I'm so glad. I was a little scared at first, because he doesn't like to finish his plate sometimes. But I am so happy he's doing alright." Landon said, before he picked me up and held me again. The three of us walked as Dr. Speer talked.
"You're doing a great job, no need to worry about a thing," Dr. Speer said. We stopped at a door and he opened it. There was a bed thingy, with a sink and stuff in one corner, and a few chairs. On the walls were pictures of puppies and kitty cats. Buster was still the best puppy in the world. Landon sat me down on the weird bed thing. There was some weird, tissue paper stuff on it, but I ignored it. The doctor walked out of the room and shut the door.
"Am I too skinny?" I asked. Landon ruffled my hair and smiled.
"Just a little. But that's alright, we'll make sure to fatten you up!" He grinned.
"Noooo! I wanna stay small. I don't wanna get fat. There's a big girl in my class, her name is Alex. She's one of the new ones. She's really big. Kids make fun of her."
"You don't make fun of her, right?" Landon asked, leaning against the bed.
"Nope. I've never talked to her, but I don't make fun of her. She can't help it if she's big."
"Good. You should be friends with her," He said.
"Why?"
"Because she probably doesn't have any if all the other kids make fun of her, ya know? She could use a good friend like you," Landon said, smiling and rubbing my shoulder.
"Okay," I smiled and nodded, "I'll talk to her when I go back to school!" Then, Dr. Speer came back in and shut the door. He had a giant pizza cutter in his hands.
"Ready to get your cast off, Kaiser?" Dr. Speer asked.
"No! you're gonna cut me with that," I said, holding my arm.
"It won't hurt bud," Landon said as he held his arm out. The Doctor put the cutter on Landon's skin and turned it on, but it didn't do anything. My eyes got wide and Landon smiled.
"See? It just tickles. I promise," Dr. Speer said.
"I don't know..." I looked down, still holding my arm.
"I won't let anybody hurt you, dude," Landon said, "I'll even hold you while he does it. Would you like that?" He asked. I nodded. Landon jumped on the bed thing and held me in his lap. I held my cast arm out, and Dr. Speer slowly cut it off. I flinched when I felt the cutter touch my arm, but it didn't hurt. It tickled, which made me giggle a little. After a few minutes, the entire cast was cut and I lifted my arm out. I haven't seen my arm in such a long time, and I was finally happy to be free from the last of Dad's pain.
~~~~
"So you wanna get your hair cut like Edgars?" Landon asked, taking me into the hair-cut place. It read "Great Clips" on the front, and it was right beside Chili's.
"Yes!" I smiled. Landon smiled and nodded, and two ladies came up to us as we walked in.
"Hey Landon! How are you doing?" One lady asked.
"Oh ya know, just bringing my little brother to get his haircut," Landon smiled.
"Oh look at that full head of hair!" The other lady said, "You know, he could donate that."
"That was the plan, actually. He wants it pretty short," Landon ruffled my hair and laughed when I slapped his hands.
"Oh really? Well do you have an idea for the style or just shave it?" She asked.
"Oh no, not gonna shave it. He wants it cut like Edgar's," he said.
"Oh! You're gonna have such a cute haircut!," The lady bent down and held her hand out. I smiled and slapped her hand.
"Well you're ready now then?" The other lady asked.
"Yep, we're gonna go eat at Chili's when we're done," Landon said.
"Alright, well then let's get started," The lady said and looked down at me, "Ready little guy?" I nodded, and she held her hand out. I grabbed it and she walked me over to a big seat. They put a booster seat in it, and I climbed up. I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was over my shoulders, and I wanted it gone. I didn't like it too long anymore. One lady started cutting my hair, while the other lady and Landon were talking. I wasn't paying attention. The lady put my hair in a pony tail and cut it off with scissors. My mouth opened wide when she held out my hair.
"This is the hair your going to donate, Kaiser," she said.
"What's donate?" I asked.
"You're giving this hair to kids who don't have any," she smiled. I smiled back, and stayed quiet while she cut my hair. When she was done, it looked just like Edgar's, and I loved it.
"How did you do that?" I asked.
"I cut Edgar's hair all the time, sweety, it's a basic routine for me," She smiled. She combed through my now short hair a little, then wiped the left overs off my ears and took the weird cape thing off. I smiled big and jumped down off the chair.
"I look like Edgar, broder!" I said, running to Landon. He caught me in his arms and picked me up.
"You do! I wonder what he's gonna say when we go see him," Landon said.
"I can't wait!" I said.
"He was so calm. A lot of young kids are so jumpy when they get their hair cut, but he was wonderful," the lady said. I smiled. Landon and the ladies talked for a little big longer, and then we left.
"We gotta go to the store real quick and pick up a Red Bull for Daniel, then we'll go eat. Okay?" Landon said. I nodded as he put me in the car and buckled me up.
When we got into the store, Landon quickly got the drink for Daniel, and then we went to look at the toys real quick. They had a lot of Digimon toys.
"Can I have one, broder?" I asked.
"Yeah, go ahead and pick one," he said. I smiled and looked, and they had my favorite one. Garurumon. There was only one left and they had it! I picked up the toy and smiled.
"You want that one?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. Landon laughed and held me in his arms.
"Alright, then let's go," he said. I held on to my Garurumon tightly, except when the man had to scan it, but he let me keep it out of the bag which made me happier. And after we left, we went to Chili's. As Landon and I walked inside, I was so happy. I held tight to my Garurumon, and I was glad my cast was off, and my hair was cut. Dad was no longer a part of me anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is what I picture Kaiser looking like now:)
Image

And this is what his little toy looks like:
Image