Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Two

I stood by Kris' side while he knocked softly on the door. Landon's door. After he knocked, I heard a dog start to bark and I flinched. I've never been close to a dog before, and I've only seen them on TV.
“I swear, Landon is such a bum,” Kris mumbles.
“He's homeless?” I asked.
Kris laughed and knocked again, “No. He's just lazy. Hopefully that will change.” Suddenly, I saw a large tan and black dog appear in the window. I flinched and hid behind Kris' leg. The dog stopped barking and just looked at us.
“Hey Buster, go wake Landon up!” Kris said. Buster tilted his head then left the window, and Kris smiled.
Kris folded his arms across his chest, “He'll wake up soon.”
“That's a big dog,” I said.
“He's a pure bred German Shepherd. He's bigger than you. But he's very smart and very sweet. He'd never hurt you,” Kris smiled. I smiled back and stood by his side again. After a few more minutes, the door opened. I looked up to see my brother, and I somehow remembered him. His hair was brown, messy and medium length. He had a little bit of a beard, but hardly. He had on dark blue jeans with rips, and a black shirt with Batman on it. His eyes were really red, and he smelled weird. It wasn't a bad smell, but I couldn't explain what it was.
“Hey man, sorry. I was smoking,” Landon smiled. Kris hit the back of his head and rolled his eyes.
“You moron, you could have at least waited until after I dropped Kaiser off,” he said.
“Kaiser?” Landon looked down, and his red eyes got wide. He reached down and picked me up, and I got a huge whiff of that weird smell.
“Do you remember me, kiddo?” Landon asked. I looked at him, and he smiled at me. He was very strong, not fat like Dad was. Besides the weird smell, he seemed pretty normal. I just shook my head slowly and frowned. Landon frowned and looked at Kris.
“It's not his fault,” Kris frowned too. Landon smiled and ruffled my hair.
“He'll get to know me. I'm pretty awesome.” He said. I rolled my eyes and jumped from his arms and back to the ground.
“Well, I gotta get going. I have a two hour drive home. I have school soon,” Kris said.
“You're too old for school,” I said.
“He's a lame teacher, no worries bro,” Landon stuck his tongue out at Kris.
“Whatever. I'll see you guys later,” Kris and Landon hugged, then he bent down to my level and looked at me, “Landon has my number, alright? Call me if you ever need anything.” I nodded and we both hugged. Landon and I waved goodbye as Uncle Kris left, and when his car was gone, Landon looked at me.
“Well, come on in. It's raining and stuff,” Landon said as he nudged me inside. After he shut the door, I took a look around his home. He had a big TV in the living room, with a big black couch. His coffee table in the center had a lot of cups on it. I saw carpet stairs going up, and I saw inside of the kitchen. Suddenly, I heard the familiar bark getting louder until I was on the ground getting licked to death by a giant dog.
“Buster, get off!” Landon shouted as he pulled him off by his skull covered collar. I stumbled up and frowned, then wiped the dog drool off my face and cast.
“Yo, little man. Why are you covered in bandages? And why is your arm broken?” Landon asked as he picked up garbage from the floor.
“Dad,” I mumbled. Landon stopped and his eyes got wide. He got quiet, threw the trash away, then picked me up. I got a little scared that I said something wrong.
“Dad did that to you?” He asked.
“Yeah.”
“Did he do anything else to hurt you?”
“The doctors said he did when they took my clothes off at the hospital,” I said. Landon's expression dropped, and I suddenly felt him hold me in a tight hug. Buster began to whimper, like he knew Landon got sad.
“I'm sorry,” I said.
“No, I'm sorry. Just... believe me when I say that you'll never get hurt again. Okay?” I nodded, and he slowly smiled.
“Come on, I made you a room upstairs last night. Wanna go see it?” Landon asked.
“Sure,” I smiled. Landon carried me up the stairs, Buster walking behind us, and as he walked I noticed a lot of different rooms. He stopped at the end of the hallway and opened up the last door. My mouth opened when I saw my room. I had a Pokemon bed, Pokemon pillows, Pokemon blankets. I had my own TV across the bed, and I saw a window next to it. I jumped from Landon's arms and looked around, and I saw a closet too.
“Kris said you liked Pokemon, so I thought you'd like this,” Landon said.
“It's so... cool,” I said.
Landon chuckled, “Look under the bed. There's a surprise.” I got on my knees and looked under the bed. I saw a small collection of Pokemon stuffed animals and gasped. I grabbed them all in my non-broken arm and crawled back out.
“These are for me?” I asked.
“Of course, little dude,” He smiled. I ran up to him and hugged his legs tightly. Buster squeezed his way in and was sniffing around.
“Th-Thank you,” I said. Landon leaned down and kissed my head.
“No problem. The only thing that sucks is, you have no clothes. We gotta go clothes shopping tomorrow. Is that cool?”
“Uncle Kris bought me clothes,” I said.
“You need more than that,” He said. I nodded and reached up. Landon smiled and picked me up.
“Why do you have so many rooms up here?” I asked.
“Oh! I totally forgot to tell you! I have two roommates!” Landon said. My eyes got wide, and I got scared again.