Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Three

~Landon's POV~

Before I could even make Kaiser something to eat, he decided to take a little nap. He must have been pretty exhausted, because as soon as his head hit the pillow, he was out. Buster slept right beside him, so I walked back into my room to finish the joint I was smoking before Kaiser got here. The smoking was a giant relief from the guilt that I was under. Kris told me about Kaiser's trip to the hospital, but I thought he was over exaggerating it a little bit. But when I saw Kaiser, his whole body covered in bruises and bandages, and a broken arm, it really hit home. I felt so guilty for leaving him with that man, and I wished I hadn't.
The guilt made a tear escape my eye and stream down my face. I laid down on my bed, closed my eyes and exhaled slowly. I didn't think the whole 'having a kid' has really hit home yet. Kaiser is technically my little brother, but I'm basically his Dad now. I have no idea how to take care of a kid, but I'm still happy. I was so happy to give my little brother the life that he deserves. I'm scared, too, though, because what if I don't raise him right? What if he turns out as fucked up as I am? Hopefully Shaun and Nick will help me, too. They're better influences than I am, anyway.
I opened my eyes and stood up when I heard the door open downstairs. I walked down and saw Shaun looking through the mail at the table.
“Hey, teacher! How was your first day?” I smile as I peck his cheek. He pushes me away and chuckles.
“Dude, lay off the pot. This house smells horrible.” He said.
“I'm all out, anyway,” I shrugged, “But seriously. First day was good?”
“Oh yeah, perfect,” his tone was sarcastic as he looked through the fridge, “Little 15 year old brats love learning about Algebra.”
“Kaiser's here. He's upstairs sleeping,” I say.
“Oh really?! Your little brother, right?” Shaun takes a sip from the Orange Juice carton.
“Yeah,” I steal the juice from him, “He's pretty roughed up.”
“How so?” Shaun asked, before he made his way upstairs. I followed behind him, and Shaun's expression dropped when he saw Kaiser sleeping.
“Dude,” his voice was a whisper, “Why is his arm broken?”
“Take a wild guess,” I mumble. Shaun looks over at me with a grim expression.
“That Father of yours?” His face went pale, and the memories of our childhood, enduring Father's “tortures” came through our minds. I just nodded.
“Poor kid,” Shaun leaned his head against the wall and looked at Kaiser. I did the same. We both frowned.
“Will you help me?” I asked.
“With what, dude?”
“With taking care of him. I have no idea what to do.”
Shaun smiled, “Of course. I'm not the best either, but he'll be better with us.”
“Thanks, because... I'm scared to death,” I chuckled.
“I think that's natural, but you're his brother. If anything, he'll grow up to be just like you.”
“Let's hope that doesn't happen.”