Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Four

~Kaiser's POV~

I felt something furry hitting my face, and I opened my eyes and saw Buster sleeping and hitting me with his tail. I rubbed my nose with my good arm and turned around. I wasn't tired anymore, and my tummy was hungry. The last thing I ate was when Uncle Kris got burgers. I stumbled out of my bed and looked around. I forgot I was at Landon's house until now. I walked over to the window and looked at the rain. It was still very bad, and I couldn't really see the backyard. I looked over at Buster, who still slept, and I tiptoed out of my room. I tried being really quiet, and stopped walking when I got to the stairs. I got on my knees and looked through the rails down in the living room. I saw Landon with two other guys. One of them had short brown hair that kind of covered his eyes. The other one had medium black hair that spiked up in the front. The brown haired one was on his computer or something, and the black haired one was playing a guitar. Landon was playing a game on the TV. I watched as all of them talked. Weren't they scared of the rain storm outside? Or the loud noises and flashing lights that it made?
I slowly walked down the stairs, hoping they wouldn't see me. I just wanted to get a snack or something before they saw me. I didn't want to get in trouble for sneaking food. I couldn't ask them for food, because then they'd get mad because I bugged them. Dad always did. I was super careful going down the stairs, and I quickly ran into the kitchen. I don't think they saw me, though, because they kept talking. I pushed a chair near the fridge and opened it up. They had a lot of food. They had cans of soda and pizza and fruit and anything else you could think of. I never had soda before, so I grabbed a can and shut the fridge back.
“Hey kiddo, can you grab me a coke?” I flinched and almost fell out of the chair, but someone caught me. I looked up and saw the brown haired guy. He laughed and smiled.
“Heya Kaiser. I'm Shaun, nice to finally meet you,” He said. I kept staring at him and handed him the soda I grabbed.
“Sorry, I'll go back to my room now,” I said as I jumped from his hands.
“You don't have to. Aren't you hungry?” He asked as he pushed the chair back. I nodded slowly and held my tummy with my good arm.
“Then hang out. What do you want? We have pizza, tacos, burritos,” Shaun scratched his head and opened the fridge again.
“Anything,” I said.
“Give him the pizza, dude!” Landon shouted from the living room.
“Alright!,” Shaun handed me a soda and shut the fridge. He then pulled out two slices of pizza from a box on the table, put it on a plate and handed it to me. I sat on the floor and started eating it slowly, and Shaun looked at me weird.
“You should come in the living room with us,” he said as he left. I waited for a few minutes before grabbing my food and walking into the living room.
“What's up, bro?” Landon said, keeping his eyes on the TV. Shaun was back on the couch, typing on his computer, and the other guy was now watching Landon. He looked over at me and smiled.
“Well you're finally awake? I'm Nick,” he said. I nodded and sat on the floor.
“You can sit on the couch, dude,” Landon said. I gave Landon a mean look before I put my pizza slice back down, stood back up and walked over to the couch. He picked me up and sat me on the couch. Landon, Shaun and Nick started talking again and watching Landon play his game. I ate quietly and slowly. After awhile, Buster came downstairs and joined us on the couch. It was actually nice to be with people who were so nice to me. It was also nice to finally eat my food without having to get up again. It was nice to just have something to eat.
As they kept on talking and playing games, I started to get tired. I found myself yawning, then laying my head on Landon's lap. I didn't say anything when he smiled and rubbed my head. I was too tired, and soon I closed my eyes and fell asleep.