Just Friends

01

"Pey, if you don't get your flat ass down here in the next 30 seconds, I'm leaving you here!"

I rolled my eyes as I took one last look in the mirror, smoothing my pants and hair before grabbing my bags and heading downstairs.

"My ass is not flat." I called to Erica as I dragged my bags to her car. I tossed each one into her tiny trunk, surprising myself that all of our stuff fit. I then made my way to the passenger seat.

"Right and I have big boobs." Erica laughed as she started the car.

"Whatever I think my ass is cute." I mumbled

"Mhhm…ugh I am so not looking forward to this plane ride." she complained.

"Why? You and me both know some how, some way, you'll find someone to flirt with the whole way." I raised my eyebrow at her.

Erica was good that way. No matter where we went, guys flocked to her. Not that I was surprised, she was gorgeous, the typical blonde hair, blue eyes. With a killer personality that was perfect for talking to guys. Not that boys didn't try to talk to me, but I was always on the shyer side, so between me and Er, she was clearly the better pick. Which I was fine with, I knew I would probably just put my headphones in and lose myself in a good book.

"If you would actually give guys the time of day then you'd have someone to entertain you too. You're so heartless to them." she said dramatically, causing me to roll my eyes.

We got to the airport at 5:00, rushing straight to our terminal, trying to make our 5:30 flight. We walked on, and sure enough there were two guys our age sitting in the seats across from us.

"Bingo." Erica smirked to me as she put our bags in the overhead storage. I rolled my eyes, not in the mood for small talk with strangers.

"A hockey fan huh?"

I looked up to see the blonde boy that was recently sitting across from us, now standing in front of Erica. I fought the urge to roll my eyes as I scrolled through my emails on my cell.

"Definitely." Erica flirted, "Who's your favorite team?"

I noticed the boy glance down to Ericas shirt before answering, "Hawks."

"Ooh, mine too! Hey, who's your friend?" Erica asked the boy.

Please don't do this to me Er, I silently begged her, hoping she'd get some kind of best friend telepathy message.

"Noah, hey he likes brunettes, you should go talk to him." the boy turned his attention from Erica to me.

"Perfect idea, isn't it Pey!"

Bitch

I forced a tight lipped smile as I grabbed my carry on bag and let the stranger take my seat.

"Your friend stole my seat, sorry." I said as I took a seat next to the new stranger.

He chuckled, "Figures, I'm sorry you got stuck with me, I'm Noah."

Maybe this won't be so bad, I found myself thinking as I looked at the stranger. He had messy brown hair and hazel eyes, with a book in his hand.

"Peyton."

"Well it's nice to meet you Peyton."

Any thoughts of the flight going nicely, quickly left my mind as Noah started getting a case of the wandering hands. Going from my knee to upper thigh, before I had to continuously swat his hand away. He got the idea that I wasn't interested and left me in peace for the rest of the flight.

We landed in Chicago at almost 8.

"You got me stuck with a prude, why couldn't I have got the hot blonde for once." I heard Noah whisper to his friend as we were exiting the plane.

I stuck my middle finger up towards him when they glanced my way, which caused Erica to scold me.

"Pey, he was nice and hot, why'd you do that?"

"He was creepy and I didn't know him. And he called me a prude!" I defended myself as we got our luggage and went outside.

I tried to hail a cab but Erica quickly stopped me.

"What, did you get our new friends to get us a ride too?" I asked, irritated.

Erica rolled her eyes, "No. You'll be happy with this one."

"Doubt it." I mumbled as I sat on a nearby bench while Erica played with her phone.

20 minutes too long, I was jolted out of my nap by loud beeping.

"Finally!" I heard Erica sigh dramatically as she stood up with her bags.

I looked up to see a black range rover, windows tinted, hiding the driver.

I looked to Erica, confused as to who was driving us to our hotel, but she was too busy putting her bags in the unfamiliar cars trunk. I followed her and threw my stuff in the trunk as well.

"Who's car is this?" I asked, but she just ignored me and walked to the passenger seat.

"Ugh Jon! That's my seat!" Erica whined as she opened the passenger seat, only to find a boy sitting there already. She then opened the back door and pushed me further into the car to sit next to me.

"My favorite Kane!" Jon, the boy sitting shotgun smiled as he awkwardly hugged Erica from the front seat.

"Watch it Tazer."

"PATTY!" I squealed as I looked around to the familiar voice coming from drivers seat.

"No way, Er you didn't tell me mouse was coming!" Patrick chuckled as he turned around to face me.

"Slipped my mind." Erica shrugged.

"Fuck you!" I said as I leaned back in my seat.

"No hello? Alright Pey, I see how it is."

"I was prepared until you called me a mouse." I said stubbornly.

"Jon, this is Peyton, she grew up with me and Patrick." Erica interrupted our bickering and introduced me to the stranger in the front seat.

"And the same rules that apply to Erica apply to her." Patrick said sternly to his friend.

"What rules apply to Erica?" I asked curiously.

"No rules apply to me, he's an idiot." Erica glared at her brother, causing Jonathan to snicker.
♠ ♠ ♠
Intros are always snoozers, so please don't write this story off just because of this chapter....I promise it gets better:)