Just Friends

13

"Can I join?"

"Holy shit! You can't do that, I almost had a heart attack!" I whisper hissed at Patrick as he slipped on his gym shoes, an amused expression playing on his face.

"Let's go-"

"Kaner where are you going?" I rolled my eyes as I turned my head in the direction of the voice.

"Don't worry babe, go back to sleep I'm just going for a run."

"With her ?" Sienna asked skeptically, glaring at me.

"I'm going." I said, leaving the two to fight on their own, I couldn't stand the girl.

I made my way to the elevator and heard the apartment door close as I saw Pat walking my way.

"You okay?" I asked as we stepped on the elevator.

"Fine." Patrick dismissed the subject, "Last person to Yolk buys the other breakfast, deal?"

"Get ready to buy me breakfast then" I giggled before running away.

"Holy shit woman how do you do it." Patrick panted outside of yolk as I calmly sat on one of the benches, waiting for him to catch up.

"Come on, I'm starving!" I smirked as we made our way into the restaurant.

"So tell me about Sienna." I said as I stirred my coffee.

"You don't like her." he frowned as he stared at me.

I shrugged, "I don't know her, I never said that."

"Peyt, it's obvious when you don't like someone. Erica already bitched me out about her."

"I…she just seems sketchy. I mean she quit her job and moved to Chicago within a month of knowing you? I'm sure she wouldn't have done that if you weren't a professional hockey player."

"Right, cause a girl can't just like me for me, I'm that much of a shitty person."

"I never said that!" I defended myself.

"Since I've been playing hockey, all anyone ever says is..you need to be careful, they're just using you. Why can't someone just genuinely like me for me for once?" He said, clearly agitated.

"I didn't mean it that way. I just don't think she has the right intentions." I sighed.

"I'm full…here this should cover it." he threw a bunch of 20's on the table before storming out.

I sighed and thanked our waitress before running after him.

"PATRICK!" I called out, not seeing where he went. I ran across the street, still looking around. I turned around just in time to see a black ranger rover stop just a couple inches away from me, beeping his horn. My hand flew to my heart as I let out a deep sigh of relief. Before I knew it, a small mercedes flew around the corner, crashing into the range rover, causing the car to lurch forward and knock me to the ground.

__________

"Good morning Miss Brooks, I'm not sure if you remember but I'm Dr. Gilbert. How are you feeling?"

I rubbed my eyes as I attempted to sit up, I was laying in a hospital bed, with 'get well soon' balloons all over my room.

"Confused." I sighed honestly, "How long have I been here?"

"Today will be your fifth day." The doctor smiled sympathetically.

"All I remember is seeing the black car." I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to remember the events and why I was hear.

"You were in a coma for three days. Thankfully your memory is still intact, you hit your head pretty hard and lost a lot of blood."

"Three days?!" I asked in shock.

"Yes sweetie. You can lay down now, I'll let your visitors know you're up. I just wanted to check up on you and your heart rate."

I nodded and squeezed my eyes shut as a sharp pain shot through my head.

"Pey Pey." I opened my eyes to see Erica tip-toeing into the room with my old penguin pillow pet, "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit." I said honestly, reaching for my pillow pet.

"Well you still look good for getting hit by a car. Stitches give you character….you look like a badass." Erica smiled.

"Stiches?" I asked, my hand flying up to my face, feeling cuts and finally feeling stitching above my right eyebrow.

"Patricks been worried sick about you, he's blaming himself for all of this."

"It's not his fault I ran into the middle of the street, and I shouldn't have opened my big mouth in the first place." I said, closing my eyes again in hopes that my killer headache would go away.

"But you were right, he shouldn't have been so sensitive. She went home, he won't tell me the full story but Jon told me some parts. He says it's only temporally but I think it's for good."

"The bitch is gone?" I asked, my eyes shooting open.

Erica giggled, "Oh how I wish you were there for it. She was bitching about Pat not wanting to go out and she made some comment about it being your own fault you were in here and he shouldn't worry and that she thought you were a whore anyways and it was karma. Patrick told her to pack her bags right then and there."

My hand flew to my mouth, "NO way, you should of reordered it!" I laughed.

"Seriously the funniest thing seeing her beg to stay!"

"I bet." I laughed as I turned to the door.

"Peyt." Patrick breathed from the doorway.

"That's my cue, Jon's taking me to lunch." Erica winked before sauntering out the door.

"You're in here for 5 days and you miss out on everything." I chuckled to myself.

"Shit you look like shit." Patrick said as he rushed to my bedside.

"Way to make me feel like a million bucks." I glared at him.

"No, I mean you still look beautiful" he backtracked, "It's just the stitches and bandaids and this is all my fault. I'm so sorry Pey-"

"No apologies please. I was the idiot who ran into a busy city street, not yours." I held up my hand for him to stop talking.

"You were right and I freaked out over it."

"It came out wrong." I said honestly, "I just had a bad feeling about Sienna. Any girl would be lucky to have you, but most can't see past the fame and money."

"But you can." he practically whispered.

I nodded, knowing what he was getting at, "We're just friends."

"No! Don't pull that with me! Don't even try to- This is not how you treat your friend! Everyone sees it but you Pey, can you honestly say you felt nothing when we kissed? You weren't just worried about Sienna using me, but you were actually jealous?"

"Can we not do this now Pat." I closed my eyes tightly.

"Peyt, please can we just try this?" he begged me, as he played with my fingers.

"And what if everything goes wrong? What if it ruins our friendship?" I asked, speaking more to myself then him.

"You can't get rid of me that easily. Please Peyt."

I sighed and squeezed my eyes shot again.

"I love you Peyton." he kissed my hands before I heard the door shut and I knew I was alone again.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think Peytons gonna do?? Is Sienna gone for good? What about Jon and Erica, what happened between them when Peyt was in the hospital?

I looovvveeeeeee commments:)