Just Friends

14

"Ah home sweet home……sorta." I smiled to myself as I walked into the condo after being in the hospital for little over a week.

"WELCOME HOME!"" I turned on the lights to see Pat, Erica, Jon, and a couple of their teammates, I'm guessing, all standing in front of a huge "welcome home Pey!" banner.

"You guys didn't tell me we were having a party I look like [url= http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=94171959] shit [/url]." I laughed as Erica ran to hug me.

"You look fine, now go, someone wants to talk to you." Erica smirked before walking away to go find Jonathan. I rolled my eyes as Patrick appeared in front of me.

"Let's talk." I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him into me and Ericas room. I sat on the bed and looked at him.

"Did you mean what you said at the hospital?"

"Yes." he sighed, taking a seat next to me.

"What if it's just the kiss talking what if we're better off as friends."

"We'll never know unless we try. Peyt I've been dying to kiss you since we were 16, I don't think it was just the kiss that has me going crazy."

"You know me better then anyone and you still wanna date me?" I asked skeptically.

"stop worrying so much." he played with my hair, "I won't hurt you, I won't let anything happen to you."

"I'd rather be your best friend forever, than your ex in the future…." I mumbled, I couldn't help the thoughts that were coming in my head.

"You're so damn stubborn." he said as he pulled me in for a hug.

I sighed, "Kiss me."

His eyes widened as he pulled out of the hug to look at me, raising an eyebrow, "But-"

"Stop talking and kiss me before I change my mind."

____________________

"YOU'RE FAVORITE DAUGHTER AND ADOPTED DAUGHTER ARE HOME!" Erica screamed throughout her and Patricks house, dropping her bags at the front door.

"Jesus I did not miss that voice." Jessica Kane smirked as she walked inside from the backyard.

"Jess!" I screamed as I lunged myself towards her for a hug.

"No hug for your favorite brother?" Patrick smiled at his sister as she threw herself at him next.

I laughed and walked out back to see my mom and dad sitting with Donna, Patrick Sr., and Jackie.

"Look how beautiful and grown up!" Donna stood up to give me a hug.

"You don't have to get up." I laughed as I went around the circle and hugged everyone before taking a seat next to Jackie; soon Patrick, Erica, and Jessica joined us.

"So when were you gonna tell us?" My mom asked, looking between me and Patrick.

My eyes widened at Erica, "Big mouth!"

"I didn't tell them I swear!" Erica defended.

"Didn't tell us what..?" Donna asked, skeptically looking at her daughter.

"Now who has the big mouth." Erica smirked at me.

I groaned and sunk down into my seat, everyones eyes on me expectantly.

"Peys my girlfriend." I focused all my attention on Patrick, shooting him an 'are you crazy' look.

"About time!" Patrick Sr. slapped Pat on the back.

"Finally, you've been chasing each other around since you were 7." my dad chuckled as him and Patrick Sr. shared a knowing glance.

A blush crept to my face as I saw Donna and my mom roll their eyes at their husbands, causing me to giggle.

"Weren't both of you the ones who said love and dating was stupid and a myth?" Jessica raised her eyebrow.

I laughed and shrugged.

"I'm gonna be rich!" Jackie smirked towards Jess.

"Rich?" Patrick asked.

"Yes rich! I can finally buy a new car! Pay up sistaaa!" Jackie answered excitedly.

"You said you never lose bets!" Jess turned towards my dad who chuckled and shrugged.

"Jaq, I'll have you your check by tomorrow." my dad said.

"Why are you gonna be rich?" Erica asked her little sister.

"We made this bet over winter break, how long it would take those two idiots to admit there feelings for each other, and I won!"

"You bet on my love life?!" Patrick said.

"Chill superstar, I was the one who had faith in you. Everyone else said you were too much of a girl to ever tell Pey how you felt."

"Thanks." Patrick mumbled to his family.

I personally found the whole ordeal pretty funny, "How rich are you now?"

"Just 25 grand." Jackie smiled, barely hiding her excitement.

"Holy shit I should've been in this bet!" Erica said.

New Bet: How long will it take Er to stop friend zoning Jonny?

No. I don't want her to stop friend zoning him.

They're already hooking up, wouldn't you be more comfortable if they were official? He's like a lost puppy dog around her.

Fine. I'm in with you since you know her better then anyone, text the girls.


I smiled up from my phone and snuck a smirk at Patrick before texting Jackie and Jess.

New bet: how long will it take Er to stop friend zoning her recent hu? You in?

For sure. Let's make this 20k. Me and Jess against you and Pat.


I put my phone away and smiled at the girls, as the parents and Erica were clueless as to what was going on right in front of them.

___________________

"You [url = http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d1/d0/79/d1d07989b7006a1616ff58c59db6e2c3.jpg] modeled [/url] ?" Patrick looked up from one of my moms old photo albums.

I nodded as I continued to flip through the [url= http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a4/e6/88/a4e68805ff226632e65a819905fe9a26.jpg] photo album ] [/url] in my hand.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"As if. If I would have told you you would've never let me hang out with you, you would've thought I was a sissy!" I laughed.

"Look at [url = http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/71/c7/f8/71c7f8e571dc08de4a5e021eff0fb600.jpg] this one [/url] !" Patrick slid a picture my way.

I smiled as I looked at it, "We were adorable."

"Still are." he smirked as he leaned forward for a kiss.

"Find any good photos?" I groaned as I turned my head to my mother and forced a tight lipped smile.

"Thanks mom." I mumbled as she took a seat on the chair across from us, Patrick chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me happy:)