Just Friends

16

I stared out the airport window with tears running down my cheeks. I didn't want to leave, but I knew I had too. I closed my eyes tightly, trying to stop the tears, but they just continued to flow. I laid my head down against the window and closed my eyes.

Patrick POV

"2:55, Delta Flight 327 out of Chicago to New York. No connections. Don't you even think about screwing this up Pat. Go get her." Erica said, but the line was already dead.

I ran to my car, leaving Sienna in the entrance of the club.

I was already in his truck, key in the ignition. Backing out of the club parking lot, my tires squealed as I left black marks on the pavement. There was no way in hell I was letting Peyton leave, not after what had just happened. I quickly glanced at the clock on the dash, 2:23 was illuminated, the numbers daring me to try to defy time. Ignoring the speed limit, I pressed the gas pedal to the floor.

"Fuck come on!"

I slammed my hand against the wheel in frustration as the traffic slowed on the interstate. I was still five miles away from the airport and the time now read 2:40. I was losing time. I tried to weave through the traffic as much as possible, but it only earned me several angry honks from fellow drivers.

If only I had listened to her when she said not to dance with Sienna. Damn it

It was only typical of me to screw our relationship up. I'd spent my entire life dreaming of dating the girl and now that I finally had her she was ready to leave town.

I finally neared the airport at 2:50

Leaping out of the car, I slammed the door behind me and left the car at the curb. Two security guards tried yelling at me that this wasn't a parking zone. But I didn't even glance back. I didn't have time.

Peyton

I pulled out my phone, checking one last time to see if there was anything from him, anything that I could use to convince herself it was worth staying.

Nothing.

The time was 2:53, they would begin boarding the plane within moments.

"Flight 327 to New York, Now boarding."

I hesitantly stood up at the sound of the perky flight attendants voice and followed in line with the other passengers.

"Peyton!"

I handed the worker my ticket and looked behind me at the familiar voice.

"Don't do this." I whispered to myself as I stepped out of the line.

"Please don't get on that flight." Patrick begged as he wiped a tear from my eye. I sniffled and straightened my back.

"What are you doing here?" I knew why, but I needed to hear him say it.

"Peyt, I want you, I love you, I need you, I can't even..I.." he trailed off, unable to string a sentence together.

"Well save it." I said. "It was a choice to kiss her. I saw you." I shook my head. "I just can't. This feels like de ja vu." I took a step forward before he instinctively stepped in front of me.

"Wait, please." He begged. "I'll get on my knees right here, if that's what it'll take," he offered.

"I don't want you to beg," I replied, clearly annoyed by his grovelling. "And it wouldn't make a difference, Pat. It's too late, okay?"

"Pey, I mean it," he wasn't taking no for an answer. "I won't make excuses, I promise. I'm telling you, I have no problem losing my pride, here. Everything good in my life begins and ends with you, and I just can't let you-"

"You're not letting me do anything, Patrick!" I yelled. I was getting a little heated now.

"You're not going anywhere!"

I rolled my eyes as I saw Erica running, dragging Jon along with her.

"That's my flight!" my eyes widened as I saw the plane taking off, "That was my plane." I whispered again, tears falling from my eyes.

"Please, just come home and we'll talk." Patrick reasoned as he took my hand and led me to the exit.

I was too tired to put up to much of a fight, "This doesn't change anything. I'm packing my stuff and leaving tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
Maybbbbeeeeeee if I get 5 comments I'll update again tonight:)